The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:22 pm 

hi Dandee,

i am not against using a halter, bridle..but against the bit..only the iron part...
i my idea why should you use a iron/bit when you can already do it without? Just for finishing?? then i think you are not finished yet...

and yes i am never finished i am still learning every day.. :wink:

she write it very clear but as Mirjam said, there is a minimum of diferences between others who have written also about this isue, only she talks sometimes about combining with Parelli stuff.
So yes for a person who started yet or is searching for what he or she wanted to reach and how to do it.
Or think if it is possible to mix bit and bitless, then it is a good an clear written book. It come in their line of thinking and maybe what they have already learn on some ridingschools.
And can bild it out in a easy way, they do not have to chance their thinking to much to understand what she means.

Over here in Holland when you ride bitless you are put a "hovel" most time called "NH" and you are not one of them. They think that you are weard and against everything. Just ride your horse for fun and do it totaly wrong in their opinion.

This book make a good start to bring these two worlds together. Make both sides clear that they have (in her opinion) good points. That you can mix bit and bitless without "loosing" everthing. That is what people often think.
And she still thinks...(though i read it so)...she still need the bit for finesse, that's what she write.

i want to reach it all without the bit..and yes i know it is possible, but in my situation it takes more time..but i do not care..
So i like her book, but not the bit parts.. :wink:

I have not finnished the book...reached page 116 today, i do not have that much time to read.
Now she started to talk about flexibility and reach it to bend in and out and riding a lot of circels.