The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Intrinzen
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:47 pm 

Did anyone over here stumble across this new "method", Intrinzen?
I downloaded the ebook and I really like the idea behind Intrinzen...and somehow it really reminds me of a mixture of AND and Imke Spilker.

Frodur and I just started to "work" on the crunches some days ago. He seems to like the idea. But since we do not really work on learning anything but rather practice whenever we feel like and then we don't practice again for some time, I guess it will take us ages until they look like the ones from the book :funny: But that doesn't really matter, as long as we're having fun. :yes: I think he might like the other ideas from Intrinzen as well.

Here's the link:

http://intrinzen.horse/#intro

Post subject: Re: Intrinzen
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:33 pm 
Site Admin

So nice, Gwenda! The woman in the pictures is Kathy who also was on the forum a while ago. She did not write much, but the posts she wrote really were an inspiration. :)

In this post she wrote about Draumur. Unfortunately the video is private now, but if you looked into her training methods, I guess you have already found it somewhere. :f:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:06 pm 

Thank you for sharing I'm always interested in tings like this.
They give you again a look at it from an other small corner.

I'm going to read the e book.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:57 pm 

Thank you very much Romy, I was so sure it reminded me of AND but I couldn't find anything about it over here :funny:

So far I really like the "program" (I only read the book, since the courses haven't started yet).
Although I'm doing the exercise a little bit different with Frodur. As he doesn't like standing against a fence and being asked to move backwards (towards the fence) most of the time, we're doing the crunch-exercise completely free. Makes it a little bit more challenging for me to use my body language correctly (that means: so that he can understand me) and precisely enough, but I really like it that way because he feels better this way and I'm learning a lot about improving my body language and listening to him and his reactions :f:

Very exciting!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:04 pm 
Site Admin

I haven't looked into it yet, but are the crunches something like school halt? If yes, you might find some ideas in our sticky about school halt and especially in the exercise diary about school halt.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:19 pm 

It looks indeed very similar - on the website http://intrinzen.horse/#intro there's a short video, and from second 20 to second 30 you can see the crunches "in perfection", I guess it's indeed the same idea like school halt. Or am I wrong?

Thanks for sharing the links, I will study the posts later, maybe I'll find some nice ideas for Frodur and me :f: