The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Academia Liberti
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:16 pm 

Is anyone familiar with the "training" of the Academia Liberti? I read the two books and was a member of the Facebook group for quite a while before I decided to leave. Within these months, I hardly learned anything about the "training" with the horses in detail (only general statements like "Do not ride because it harms the horse", "do the training on the base of the free will of the horse", and such things).
I recently joined the NHE forum because I was interested if I could learn some new things there. After that, I stumbled across the many NHE posts over here, and meanwhile I think that I cannot learn any new things there as it seems to be exactly the same ideas like Academia Liberti. I remember that the founder was a student from NHE as well some years ago.
I am now wondering where exactly the difference in the training is. I couldn't find any. Does anyone know?
(I really mean the training, resp. the contact with the horse - not other issues like feeding or keeping and so on.)

Post subject: Re: Academia Liberti
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:33 pm 
Site Admin

If I understood it correctly, Maksida wrote many of the posts about training in the NHE forum back then (before she started AL), so it's no surprise if the content is identical. ;)

By the way, you are not the first person who says that she did not find lots of specific info over there - there was a time when we had many of people come here, saying that they had the same problem. For me it has been about eight years since I was in the NHE forum, so I have no idea what is going on over there now and thus have nothing useful to say about this topic. :smile:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:42 pm 

Oh thanks for your prompt reply Romy. I actually didn't stumble across any posts from her in the NHE forum but as far as I understood the other posts over here regarding that forum, I don't have full access yet, so I guess they must be in the "hidden" part of it.

Well OK so I guess my first impression was right and it is indeed quite similar. :huh:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:01 pm 
Site Admin

If you are the administrator of a forum, you can change the poster. For example, I could take any of your posts and turn it into a post that looks as if it was written by Ali. When M left NHE, they turned her "instructional" posts into posts written by some general "NHE" identity (or something like that, I don't quite remember the name). So you probably won't find posts that look like they were written by her - unless they have changed it back now, but I doubt that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:14 pm 

What really? Now that's a strange behaviour :ieks: :huh: