The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:44 pm 

I have been absent from here for a while as we are in full swing of high season here in Costa Rica.
Life is great, and i am in the middle of a couple of clinics with Honza Blaha. This guy is as good as we expected!! He is amazing. We invited him down as part of our program here at Discovery Horse Tours.
Yesterday i had the blessing of a private bridleless lesson with him. I love his ideas and his truth and honesty. :applause:

My mare went so well and yawned almost the whole way through the lesson. Often times her ears will pin a little in bridleless, but using his "bubble" approach of control she loved it! :sun:

I have another clinic starting with him today and our new guests are arriving shortly, so i don't have much time to write, but if anyone has any questions or would like more info on his approach let me know.

Pura Vida from Costa Rica
Andrea

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Andrea, nice that you have had such a great time with Honza Blaha! I have moved your post to the research section, and I am looking forward to your report. Personally I don't think I would want my horses to yawn a lot during our training because the way I know it it is associated with a release of stress. But I am curious to read what you have learned. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:12 pm 

Please, do write a report when you find the time! :clap: I would really like to read what you learned from him.
I heard, as it is with almost any trainer, both good and not so good things about Blaha.

The horse owes us nothing.