The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: a Bit of negatives....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:12 pm 

Hi...!

I have not been on this forum for such a long time, I have been reading it now and then though.. But just, so much happened.

In short: I found this while browsing some NH stuff.. And it's the first time ever I came across negative feedback on NH - Or in this advanced why though..

I don't know.. I'm not sure if I should be posting this or of this is the right place to post it, but I'd like some other people to read it too and comment on it.

In my opinion though.. I think the woman who wrote it, did not know her horses for herself but was just trying to copy what she had seen everyone else do.. I don't know. But she was being a bit - very harsh on the NH methods.
Is there other people too that feels the way she does?

Hannelie. x

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Hanneli, nice to read from you again. :f:

Have you seen our House rules? The first sentence is this:

Quote:
We want to make clear that the meaning of this forum is not to be against anything.

If the philosophy of communication in this forum had to be be summarized in two words, these might be "no negatives". ;) The purpose of this forum is to share information about our ways of interacting with our own horses. In that context, we sometimes write about other trainers or methods if they are an inspiration for us or make us think about our training. But we do not judge them or discuss what they are doing badly.

So I'd say, if you want to write about NH, feel free to share with us in what ways it helped you to improve your interaction with your horses. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:46 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Hannelie,

The difference between NH and AND can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2828

Many find their way towards positive reinforcement via NH, so that makes it a very positive thing in that regard. NH is also just a word, it does not really say anything about what a person does, as NH just as many other things is very open to a wide spectrum of interpretation. Of course between all training systems and philosophies there is a certain overlap as well. We all just have to find what suits us and our horses from all the different things that are out there. :smile: