The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

Bent Branderup has a new website with online movies for sale on classical haute ecole horse training: http://www.bentbranderupshop.com/videos.html

I think the topics are very interesting, but the price a bit steep for something that you can only watch online and (as far as I can see) can't even download. Has anybody seen them already? What are they like?

New horse book: Mandala horses!

Never stop making mistakes! Natural Dressage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:54 pm 

nope not seen yet...thinking the same as you...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:23 pm 

i think about a year ago i subscribed to the videos he has on ground work and the school halt. it was very educating. a lot of bio-mechanic, if i remember correctly, and very thorough, some part was not new but it was interesting to see his approach to training.
i think about it from the opposite perspective - it is available to watch for ever from any place (after paying for it...) as long as you have internet connection.
now that you have mention it, i might review some part of it again. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:36 pm 
Site Admin

You mention exactly the videos that I'm interested in! :D
Well, I do like the idea that you can never lose your video because it's online - but lately I've been driven to insanity by the fact that I lose my internet connection every other day, so suddenly I'm really starting to become a big fan of good oldfashioned dvd's again... 8)

I do think there will be a lot of overlap with the three dvds he did on Academic dressage, but the school halt was never mentioned there. He writes on the website about showing five methods to teach it and Speedy and I have just started figuring out method 1 - well, Speedy was the one doing the thinking, I was thinking about nothing in particular while standing next to him, then thought of asking for the Spanish walk, apparently leaned back and he copied that in a ramener + beginning of leaning back himself. 8)
I know several methods already, but it would be great to add the experiences to Bent Branderup to that, see what he does and how the horses respond to each method - and then pick out the best ideas and use them in our AND-liberty training. :yes:

So now you've talked me into it! :green:

New horse book: Mandala horses!

Never stop making mistakes! Natural Dressage