The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:09 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:02 am 

So I was wondering if any of you would like to help me with a college project. :D For my Intro to Layout class, we have to put together three short, small books in a suite. I was/am going to do it on AND-type training/bridleless dressage/etc.

So I was thinking my first book would be of little quotes from Caspian's and Maia's training diaries, tracking my journey from traditional to Parelli to AND. I might include some small pics of me/the horses along the way; basically "The Journey." Then the second book would be like "The Inspiration" -- where you guys come in. The last book would be perhaps "The Goal" -- little quotes about where I want to go with horses, Cambria, inspiriational pictures, etc.

For the second book, I would love short, inspirational quotes from you guys -- anywhere from a few words to a paragraph -- but something that you would consider inspirational, or the essence of AND, or capturing well a particular exercise or concept. Now, of course there are these types of quotes on, like, nearly every page of this forum!!! :D :D So I was wondering if you could post here (or in a PM to me) your very favorite quotes from this forum, who said it, and where (reference material). This thread could even turn into a fun "inspirational quotes" section. I'll then contact the writers of those quotes of the ones I want to use to get their permission, of course. :) You could totally even write ones just for this, maybe what AND means to you or something. Don't be too humble. Post your own quotes here. :green: :yes:

And the second part is, I'd love some inspirational AND pics as well -- groundwork, play, riding, etc. You can post your favorite pics here if you want or even pull stills off of your own videos if you wanted and post them to here or email them (my email is chestnutrose1@gmail.com).

Thank you so much! When it's all done I'll try to find some way of posting a PDF version so you can see. :D I'm really excited to do this. If it turns out well, maybe eventually it could even be published on a larger scale as I keep on trying to promote AND type training.

~Job 39:19a

www.cambriahorsemanship.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

While trying to find quotes for you, I found that the writings I love most often did not contain short quotes that made a good point, but that this point was made in the context of the whole post and it's impossible for me to extract two or three lines as a quote.

However, I found a few short ones that I loved:

You can't push against an open door. (by Patricia)

Because internal authority, I think, is about having the confidence to allow everyone to own their own sense of power. (by Leigh)

You don't have to desensitize a horse to cougars - you just have to convince the horse that you are a cougar-eater. (by Faith)

One does not need a bit or a cordeo for collection... one needs a horse for collection. (by Josepha)

Harmony is louder now, and more vivid. (by Anni)

I will add more to this post if I find them. Good luck with your project! :smile:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:21 pm 
Site Admin

how about the one on our AND website:

Stay true to yourself and you stay true to your horse
Stay true to your horse and you are true to AND