Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Jean Luc Cornille
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:47 pm 

I just came across this site
http://www.scienceofmotion.com/documents/jeanluc.html

and really liked this:

Everyone has experienced these instants of divine harmony where the horse and the rider perform effortlessly and at their utmost level. The “zone” is capricious, and addictive. One horseman observes that he was wearing a red shirt last time he was in the zone and hope that wearing a red shirt will recreate the divine harmony. Another rider could attribute the “zone” to the bit, the diet, the supplement, but never has there been a way to really control the “zone.” The “zone” occurs when circumstances create in the horse and the rider’s physique, muscle tone, elasticity, and coordination most eminently adapted for the effort. Hence, the zone can be created if the education evolves from its actual views to a scientific study of the equine physique and how the rider’s body effectively influences the forces acting on the horse’s physique. The “zone” is scientific, not mystic. The “zone” can be and should be the quality of the daily life with the horse. Such quality cannot be achieved integrating new and pertinent scientific discoveries with old training habits and beliefs. Rather success in the quality of the daily life of the horse as well as performance in the show ring, rest on one’s ability to question conventional wisdom in the light of advanced scientific discoveries. It is a wonderful journey. Welcome. Jean Luc

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Post subject: Re: Jean Luc Cornille
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:19 pm 

:clap: It makes sense to me. Freckles and I are finding our zone from time to time - that is when the environment around us also behaves :funny: :roll: palm trees, monkeys, what next?

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:29 am 

Jean Luc is really well respected in the field of biomechanics. He has a well reviewed dvd and a book ( on a disc) on understanding proper movement in horses. I have been wanting to get them but I have so many things on my list I haven't got to it yet. :study: Ah so many books, so little time. :yes:

Leah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:21 am 

He has some nice articles on his site...... :D

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon