The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:49 pm 

I saw Caroline Rider at the horse expo in Maryland last month and literally cried. I have been looking for someone like her on the East Coast (USA) but long since lost hope and here she is!

riderhorsemanship.com

I bought her DVD's , the best I have seen and am making so much progress with Murray!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:25 pm 

Congratulations, Heppa! That's great news!

Looking at her website, she sounds marvelous...and what a truly perfect last name for a horse woman! ;)

Fabulous. And how cool that you and Murray are connecting well. How is he feeling?

I'd love to hear more about what you're exploring with her DVD's.

Best,
Leigh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:28 pm 

You see some clips of her working:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMYPen7HIlQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJawHlNE ... annel_page

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:18 pm 

I can't sit very long at the computer (back problems) so I'll just give a short update:

We have been treating Murray fro Lyme disease with herbs and homeopathy. He seems healthy , other than an occasional stabbing of one of the front toes, which does look neurological. I ride him in the round pen at walk, he does not want to trot.
But we are making amazing progress in liberty work in the large riding arena. I walk and run next to him (in the girth area) as in companionship walking described by Carolyn Resnick and he trots and stops and turns from either a light touch or voice command. The big bonus is that the running is very good for me! There are two loose ponies in the ring when we work so it has been a challenge for him to be happy with my company and my direction.

Also my husband is watching Caroline Rider's videos and is wiling to follow the "program".
THat is another reason I am so happy found someone with a good and clear DVD series and who is not too too far away. (she is still 2.5 hour drive away!)

Caroline does not use a lot of treats but she uses a lot of rubs and hugs and her horses adore her for that , not so much for the treats that she would give . (she says she uses them also) She uses a saddle and bit sometimes but only after she rides well withour them. To me this is a important point.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:38 pm 

I'm just thrilled for you!

Sounds like you've found exactly what you needed, and I'm glad Murray is feeling better.

:cheers:

Best,
Leigh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:53 pm 

She was at the PA expo as well- I wanted to see one of her demos, but they always conflicted with times I had to be at our booth (like RIGHT after my demo).

She did the 10 week Parelli modual, so I'm guessing PNH is a huge part of what she does. I did see her warming up a little and her horses do seem very happy- no muscling or collection, but very happy. And she was tackless in a large group, so that does speak volumes!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:06 pm 

Quote:
but they always conflicted with times I had to be at our booth (like RIGHT after my demo).

Hey Danee -- that reminds me, how did it go for you?

:)

Leigh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:23 am 
Site Admin

It's great that you have found a teacher which you can trust and which ways your horse enjoys! :applause:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:27 pm 

The expo was incredible! Most seminars are lucky if they have 10 people- mine had at least fifty. My round pen demo was standing room only and it was first thing in the morning! I recieved lots of great feedback from those who watched the seminar and demo and I also got calls and emails from people who bought the DVD on Rider Body Awareness and really liked it.

During my round pen demo the mic kept falling off- :blush: But other than that the whole thing was excellent. I tried to really connect to the audience while still giving lots and lots of information and I think I accomplished that :-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:19 pm 

Hey Danee:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

:giveflower:

And, oh, yeah, congratulations! ;)

Very cool.

Leigh