The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 69 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:19 am 
Site Admin

Donald, I can understand that you are angry about all the things that were going on in the NHE forum and that´s okay. But there is a difference between having an opinion and insulting others in one´s posts, which is simply not the way this forum works. When you are posting here, please remember that the AND-forum is not about being judgemental or even dismissive towards other people and methods - NHE included.

Not only that it is in no way relevant for the goals of this forum (training dressage at liberty) if someone thinks about NHE people as being brainless and zombielike, it is also quite a harsh insult which we would like not to have here.

Thanks! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:20 am 

Quote:
I can understand that you are angry about all the things that were going on in the NHE forum and that´s okay.

No it is not "okay"....
To make it clear : I'm not angry at all about all the things that were going on in the NHE forum and council ! In fact I'm very happy about't ! Because of the fact what is going there !
It's those facts that work as an eye-opener for most of the folks that get out of there or that are kicked out of there.
On the other hand...I'm curious to know how do you call people that have obiously switched of they're brain and walk zombielike on a line made up of manipulations, stupid and disgusting rules, lies and false informations? and following all this like sheeps ? People that even if you stick them with the nose into the sh**, pretend (and fight like nothing for it,that they are right by doing so) that it don't smell at all ? How do you call them ?
"Fanatics" ?, "Cowards" ?,"Mindless" ?, ""Ignorants""?,
"Brainwashed"?? Ever heard the german word "Mitläufer" ...Germany had too much of them...(Nazi Germany and eastern Germany too) it where those folks that have closed the eyes to the obvious. Without those folks, that have followed like sheeps, history will look different.
But, that's the reason why I'm not angry as you say, because exactly this line that they follow made up of manipulations, stupid and disgusting rules, lies and false informations...brings them also one day or an other to the point to step away from it.
I had no intentions to "insulte" anyone...but I like to call a cat: "a cat".

Edit site Admin:
This message is not according to forum rules and we have asked the writer to change his message.
We decided against deleting this message because of all the other responses which are according to forum rules. Deleting certain posts would then make this topic incomprehensable

www.equinebehaviour.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:37 am 
Site Admin

Donald U. Newe wrote:
I had no intentions to "insulte" anyone...but I like to call a cat: "a cat".

That´s understandable, but if you can´t write about someone in a respectful way, then what about not writing about him here at all? We don´t have many rules here in this forum, but the one we have is that we do not want to talk about other people and methods in a negative way.

You know, in most of the introductions from our new members and in many other posts as well, people say that they like the atmospere here - the way the posts are based on mutual respect and acceptance even if people don´t agree with something. We would not want to lose this by encouraging this sort of dismissive talk.

Just imagine someone who is (or has been) a member of the NHE forum registers here and has to read that someone of this forum says he was a brainwashed sheep. How safe and welcome would he feel here?

Even if your truth about NHE is like you describe it, I think that writing about it in such a way doesn´t add anything positive to this forum - neither concerning the content nor its influence on the atmosphere here. So why write it like that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:57 am 
Site Admin

Donald,

I would like you to read our forum rules and change your posts in order for them to oblige with our rules, within the next two days.

If you feel this strong then you must understand why on this forum our own personal feelings should not interfere in any way with the athmospheer and the learning process that goes on here.

All posts of this nature that are not changed will be deleted to keep the focus of our forum to share and study the Art of Natural Dressage and nothing else.

Regards,

Josepha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:59 am 

Quote:
Just imagine someone who is (or has been) a member of the NHE forum registers here and has to read that someone of this forum says he was a brainwashed sheep.

well,if this is the case and someone who is (or has been) a member of the NHE forum registers here....isn't it a proof of it that he's not one ?! :wink:

www.equinebehaviour.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

Donald, the way you write your posts is not according to the way we communicate over here, like Romy is clearly telling you. We are not about censorship but mutual respect to others is key over here. So I would strongly ask you to rewrite your posts. Otherwise we as moderators have to take measures.
More info about the interaction at AND you can find here:
http://www.artofnaturaldressage.com/viewforum.php?f=10

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:19 pm 

Quote:
We are not about censorship but mutual respect to others is key over here. So I would strongly ask you to rewrite your posts. Otherwise we as moderators have to take measures.

With all my respect ! But this could be directly copied and pasted here,from an welknwon other forum...a forum that have given birth with his "rules" to this one.
To bring those rules there it into a nutshell :wink: :"we are not interested in your opinion here...we want to read our opinion written by someone else that do as we tell him/her to do, that think as we do ...and that will be kicked out if he don't do so, and will be an officiel Enemy of us...")
Following the simple principal : "If you are not with us...You're against us !"

Well, why don't you tell it directly to me that the "rules" here are more or less the same ?!
In this case save my time and tell me what you want me to write...instead of telling what I don't have to write. :wink:

Thank you very much in advance !

www.equinebehaviour.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

Donald U. Newe wrote:
Well, why don't you tell it directly to me that the "rules" here are more or less the same ?!
In this case save my time and tell me what you want me to write...instead of telling what I don't have to write. :wink:

Thank you very much in advance !

No problem at all: please write something that helps us in our training with our horses. You can choose a topic. ;)

Maybe you want to write about your training experiences? What about your experiences with different humans and horses as you have surely got to know so many different people from all over the world during your clinics. Or maybe you want to give advice in some of the diaries - helpful comments are always welcome. Maybe you know something about stable mats, which would help Anneli a lot as she is currently looking for a good solution. Maybe you want to help Mateja in defining boundaries with her colt? Or maybe you´d like to comment on Hannah´s new riding pictures? I´d love to improve Titum´s Passage which you can see in the video section, so please suggest straight on.

You see, you can post pretty much everything except for those NHE bashing things. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:15 pm 

Thank you very much Romy for telling me on which subject and in which Topic I do have permission to write something, and in which one not, like this topic for example... !

If I do write something I will send you (at the admin) a copy to read ....before I will submit it here on the forum. This is maybe the best way...Just to avoid that I don't break some rules or that I do step someone whoever and wherever (he/she might be) on the feet. :wink:

And by the way I would like to inform you, and the ones that are maybe interested in it ..I and friends of mine have,(following a high demand to it), created a International Study Center, (with real people, real horses and on a real place...will say no on-line teaching... but a hand on teaching)...the website, with more informations about't, will be on-line in the next couple weeks. So feel free to visit: http://www.palareta.com
With kind regards,Donald

www.equinebehaviour.com

Last edited by Donald U. Newe on Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

Yes indeed Romy, I would like to add .. bashing over the whole is not welcome here ;)
Because nothing is learned or gained by that.
Donald, I don't understand why my asking for communicating with respect towards others (member of this forum or not) is attached in your words to giving ones own opinion? Or isn't it possible for you to give an opinion based on respect and without proclaiming it to be the only right opinion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:29 pm 

Quote:
Donald, I don't understand why my asking for communicating with respect towards others (member of this forum or not) is attached in your words to giving ones own opinion? Or isn't it possible for you to give an opinion based on respect and without proclaiming it to be the only right opinion?

Just re read my post and try to understand what I have wrote...and not what you think I have wrote.

www.equinebehaviour.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:39 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the link!

Donald U. Newe wrote:
Thank you very much Romy for telling me on which subject and in which Topic I do have permission to write something, and in which one not, like this topic for example... !

:) I hope you know that you are allowed to write in this topic as much as you want, as long as it is respectful towards other people. If not, I am truly sorry, because I would not know how to express what we mean in a way that makes it even more clear.

And about sending your posts to us: if you are in doubt that you can stick to our (perhaps one and only) rule about writing respectfully, then you are very welcome to do that. ;)

Post subject: Oh Dear
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:54 pm 

While I certainly, some weeks back, indulged myself in criticizing NHE, and was rightly moderated for it, this concerns me.

What I know, for certain, is that AND is a place where we are tolerant to a high degree of all our differences.

I am confident we can handle this well.

Each person coming her from NHE has been able to sort out for themselves in their own way the experience and draw from it what they needed and appreciated.

I know that this will continue, given the apparent scope of the NHE debacle. And I know too that we will each prevail and move on enriched by yet another life experience that tests us.

I say this not even having been a member of NHE, but holding in high regard those that have been NHE members.

I have been tested a number of times by life, and even when it had terribly negative parts to it, each event has helped me learn and grow, and benefit.

This seems to be the case with NHE, and as time passes each person will be able to look back even more kindly on all concerned.

Donald R.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

Donald U. Newe wrote:
Quote:

Just re read my post and try to understand what I have wrote...and not what you think I have wrote.

I am not a person who thinks for other people, just read the words which are written. So if you think I don't understand you, maybe you can be more clear so there are no possible different ways of reading. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:02 pm 

Quote:
I am not a person who thinks for other people

Me not either !...so just forget it !

www.equinebehaviour.com

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 69 Next