The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: LG Bridle
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:45 am 
Site Admin

horselink16 wrote:
Or now you can buy the rubber to wrap around the bits! I also have found a mechanical hackamore that I like and want to try on him. It will work similar to a curb but will put pressure on the nose instead of the mouth and under the chin.
Honey just use what your horse likes!

Ofcourse anyone is entitled to their own opinion and sure, if you are connected to your horse you know the preferences of your horse... but a mechanical hackamore just hurts when you pull it... I know because I have used with Atreyu ages ago :oops:
So no horse will tell you he/she prefers that ;) and when you have it to not to pull it, why not use a cavesson?

Be careful with the rubber as it can make 'burn marks' in a horse mouth .. most rubber is not slippery enough.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:46 pm 

After a long search for a bitless solution to do dressage with I just found the LG bridle. It amazingly feels like riding with a bit, the horse understands just as well but without the pain, and reacts to the smallest wiggle of my finger. Compared to the Dr Cook, the release is immediate, which keeps the horse happy and soft. the bridle can be buckled in a few different ways for different effects, it even comes with the option of shanks for more control i.e. during trail rides. I am very very happy with it, and encourage you to try one yourself!

The bridle has been around for about ten years already, and is just now getting more known in the states. Here is the original website: http://www.lg-bridle.com/
and you can get it in the states from these stores: http://shop.nwnhc.com/ , http://horseandman.com/

btw, I heard of a woman that rode with this bridle in a dressage competition. She had a paper from her vet stating that her horse can't have a bit in its mouth for medical reasons. The organizer accepted that without question, and the woman even won the competition!

Post subject: Re: The LG Bridle
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome, Karen! :)

I have merged your post to a thread we already have on the LG bridle because I think it's easier when we have all the info on this bridle in one place. In the meantime, some people that I know have tried it and some of them are really happy with it. Personally I still would not use it, but then there are many different people with different tastes, so I am glad that it works so well for you.

By the way, when activating your account I saw that you originally came from Pirna. Such a pity that you moved away so far, it would have been so cool to have someone in the forum who lives in my direct neighbourhood.

Looking forward to reading from you. :)

Best wishes,
Romy (from Dresden)