The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Rhythm beads as cordeo
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:54 pm 
Site Admin

Just stole this from Charlotte's intro topic ;) : the rythm beads. I thought it's a shame to let them go lost over there, and wonder what experiences people have with them?

http://www.equinewhispers.co.uk/rhythmbeadshop.html

I think they're very pretty and interesting too for horses who like sounds. Blacky likes noise, so maybe he would like these too. Sjors on the other hand seems to hate jingling sounds and gets real tense when straps on his body move or make sounds. It would be nice to know how other horses react to these beads - and is such a rythm bead string strong enough to be used as a cordeo? Not strong in that you can drag your horse along with it of course, but if you hold the string and the horse jumps sideways, does it break?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:22 pm 

I made my own set of beads
They are threaded onto a 1.5mm leather string. I don't know if it would be strong enough to use as a cordeo though.

Ember seems to really like them and we even jump in them

www.bitlesshorse.co.uk
www.neemtreehorse.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:43 am 

SO BEAUTYFULL!!! I will try to make one too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:02 pm 

I haven't had time to check this forum for a while but nice to come back and find a mention :lol:

Zeno seems to like the noise and a friend riding with me said her horse was following his rhythm..! I can understand not all horses would like it though.

Yes, I think I'd be afraid of breaking my nice Equine Whispers ones if I used them as a cordeo. But I might make some with a thicker strap and maybe knot between the beads/charms so that if they broke I wouldn't lose them all!

Post subject: Rythm Beads as Cordeo?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:00 am 

I saw this posted in a couple spots but it wasn't directly answered... So could rythm beads be used as a cordeo? Would they be strong enough? Something such as these: http://www.chicksaddlery.com/page/CDS/PROD/2500/RBN895I would love to use these once my boy is ready for a cordeo, and only as a second one most likely (for him to learn about them with something stronger first). But because he's pretty sensitive, I don't figure beads would be a problem with light cues and such. Thoughts? Ideas?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:52 pm 

I think they could...especially if you train yourself to be as light on the cordeo as on reins. Lightness is the key. Since the cordeo is not something to tug on or balance on (just like reins should not be pulled or used for balance) then a very "flimsy" line can of course be used. :yes: