The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 pm 

I just received my new saddle. New to me that is. It's third hand. Its a Wintec GP that has air panels that need to be inflated. Thing is, I have no idea how to inflate them.

I am going to contact the seller to ask her how to do this.

Does anyone else have information regarding this saddle? Things I should be careful of when fitting it to Schatzi? I have never used a saddle with inflatable panels before.

I am currently using Glen's Wintec which doesn't have the air panels, just regular ones, with neoprene pads inserted into the saddle pad. I am assuming that with the air pads I won't need the neoprene anymore, but I am uncertain. I don't want to hurt her back by doing anything wrong with the saddle.

Thank you for any help

Michele

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:27 pm 

Gem Twist wrote:
I just received my new saddle. New to me that is. It's third hand. Its a Wintec GP that has air panels that need to be inflated. Thing is, I have no idea how to inflate them.

I am going to contact the seller to ask her how to do this.

Does anyone else have information regarding this saddle? Things I should be careful of when fitting it to Schatzi? I have never used a saddle with inflatable panels before.

I am currently using Glen's Wintec which doesn't have the air panels, just regular ones, with neoprene pads inserted into the saddle pad. I am assuming that with the air pads I won't need the neoprene anymore, but I am uncertain. I don't want to hurt her back by doing anything wrong with the saddle.

Thank you for any help

Michele

I don't know how but one of the wonders of the Internet is that one can hardly think of anything that hasn't been asked and answered before.

http://tinyurl.com/y8jk3ou

The link above shows the result of a search on the subject of how to inflate wintec panels.

Hope you find what you seek.

Donald

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:45 am 

Thank you Donald!

I did do a search and I couldn't find anything about how to inflate them. They kept going into flocking or just talking about the system itself and nothing about how to actually use the system.

I will take a look at that now :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:20 pm 

Gem Twist wrote:
Thank you Donald!

I did do a search and I couldn't find anything about how to inflate them. They kept going into flocking or just talking about the system itself and nothing about how to actually use the system.

I will take a look at that now :D

I take your point. They don't.

And that makes me think their isn't an "inflation" system but rather a replacement system. The unit may not be a air bladder type cushion but rather a porous system (makes much more sense) that once compromised needs to be replaced. A call or email to a dealer in the system installed saddles would likely know.

Just speculating, of course.

Donald

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:13 pm 

I've used Wintec saddles on a few horses now, and some do have the CAIR panels, but you don't inflate them, they come inflated already. It sounds like you might have been sold a deflated saddle. :(
I havent heard of any saddles from wintec that you manually inflate