The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:12 pm 
Site Admin

We have some sort of meta topic in several subforums already, where special posts or threads or videos are collected. So I thought it was time to have something like that for pictures as well, so that especially great pictures are easier to find for new members. I will start adding picures that are special to me, and then continuoulsly edit new ones into this message. Please feel free to post your favourite AND pictures as well, preferably with a little explanation why you like the picture. :)

I will try to organize the following pictures according to their content (groundwork, riding, going for walks, etc.).

Groundwork

Barbara and Beau
I absolutely love this picture - not just because it shows what a power package Beau has become over the years, but also because of the things it seems to say about Barbara's and Beau's interaction in terms of Barbara being an active and inspiring partner, and Beau focusing on his movement out of his own accord.

Zoe and BJ
Who rarely touch the ground when playing together

A whole collection of Marina and Poppy

Volker and Mucki, experimenting and thinking hard ;)

AND requires a lot of engagement of the human as well 8)
One reason why I chose this picture is because it illustrates nicely how you can motivate a horse to move: not by pushing or begging, but by actively participating in the game.

Anat and her horses
What I love most about these pictures is how focused and at the same time ever so calm and smooth their interaction seems to be.

...and how much love and closeness and fun there is in their interaction.

Riding

Marina, Zoe and their horses. I love thei way of experimenting with their horses and using riding as just another game they play instead of some very serious activity.

Other activities

Sue and her family at the beach

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:36 am 

Great idea - I went and had a little dig for some of my favourites... I'll have to remember where some others were later when I have some more time :)

Lasuria and Nirvana - such lovely ridden collection

Ivy and Jackson

And Titum, Pia and friends. I just love all the magical walks you go on :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:19 am 

Nice thread!

Of course pictures of Romy have to be in here too. Actually I think the videos show best what she does with horses, but there are also a lot of wonderful (though older) pictures.
They don't show so much the body-language which influenced me a lot, but one can see the uncompromising open-mindedness and diversity in Romy's interaction with horses.

The horse owes us nothing.