The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Timo - the star :-)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:24 am 

Hi, I wanted to present Timo. He is not mine but we've spent some together. And enjoyed it. He is 6yo, gelding, KWPN - but with quite a lot of Dutch Harness Horse added (as you can see).

I was ask to "teach him" walking with his head low. And I myself wanted him to find this pleasant, comfy, fun... So we did some "just being together", some playing and some clicker training.

He is amazing. Open, honest, full of energy. Real beauty. Moves like a cat but with power. And learns soooooo quickly! Well, provided you have the positive attitude and use positive methods... I've seen him being schooled with aversives - well, let me just say he was lucking his willingness, fun, smartness.

But here we come:

Hi, Timo! Are you coming with me?

Let the game begin...

What about some running? Lets start with some trotting...

Canter will be ok too if you wish...

But it's up to you, my boy! Just be yourself

Some nice synchrony he offered:

And our "task":

Yes, that was it, thank you!

I miss him!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:03 am 
Site Admin

Very nive pictures! I can see why you miss him!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:31 pm 

Ok wow he is almost the same as my mare markings wise but she is chestnut and also is KWPN but more Gelderlander and her body proportions are very similar.

Right off to dig out pic

I suspect they quite could be related as everything is just so close and freaky but in a good way :D be interested to know his breed history, as here is my gals

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/mirette7

And I do know she had a foal before she was shipped to the sales here where my friend bought/rescued her. But I can find nothing about her foal. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:33 pm 

Also I am glad to see they have a similar belly too :P as those pics were from last and earlier this year as none that recent :roll:

Doh forgot to add that he is so gorgeous :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:14 pm 

Timo is a star indeed, and what a natural collection he shows :P I guess that you miss him!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:24 pm 

emmerie,and what a pretty girl you have!
I hope to see more photos of her!

I can't check Timo's passport now (I'm back to Poland, he stayed in UK, Oxfordshire :-) ). But I've found this in allbreedpedigree: http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/timo3 . I think it's him - age, breed, name are ok. BTW I'm surprised - I thought he would have more of highsteppers' blood added!

Oh, and he IS a big boy... If you pat him on the side, you see the coat/skin/fat "waving" :-P And it's just grass and 2 x handful of grain a day. And not enough exercise I guess..

I think he would be a great in AND quest. Because of both: his physics - so easy to mobilize, good, expressive gaits. He seems to be good in going "up" and "forward" equally. And his personality. He is open, willing. Very willing. He seems to really enjoy learning. And wants to be a star ;-) When you come to th field he is the first to come. And will do a lot to catch your attention. "Me, me, me!" - but not rude. And with absolutely no aggression.

Here I wanted to make pict of his field-mate, Garfield... But Timo managed to get between us :-D Typical.