The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:13 pm 

inge wrote:
annaliese,

if you start your all around the world tour ;) please come to us during the autum.
i have been for at least 25 times photographed by several people. They love my little ponys in their heavy coat.
They are both fuchs

Inge, what are "fuchs?" I think, in German, that is "Fox," as the English language would have it.
Are you using a metaphor to suggest they have coats (fur) as pretty as foxes?
inge wrote:
and this is a ver good match during the autum and the colored trees.
Unfortunaltely i can t take pics of myself during our trips :sad: but i know they are great.
i have to bring a photorobot with me hahahahaha....who can film and take pictures

I'd love to see pics of your ponies, your "fuchs."

Donald
Nettlepatch Farm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:16 pm 

Aha! Inge, I looked it up, and when applied to horses "fuchs," means sorrel colored. I should have known that from the description of the fall leaves on the trees.

Donald
Nettlepatch Farm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:51 pm 

hi donald
i understand the problem :-)
i do not know the right word for this color it is chestnut but more to a fox for the little one
but the bigger one have some white hairs between the chesnut color so thats why i thought it was fuchs as a good name.
after your reaction it think it is a german word.
a dutch word for this is "stekelharige vos" and the translation in english???? i dont know at all.

how funny is english for me hahahaha each day i learn more

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:03 am 

inge wrote:
hi donald
i understand the problem :-)
i do not know the right word for this color it is chestnut but more to a fox for the little one
but the bigger one have some white hairs between the chesnut color so thats why i thought it was fuchs as a good name.
after your reaction it think it is a german word.
a dutch word for this is "stekelharige vos" and the translation in english???? i dont know at all.

how funny is english for me hahahaha each day i learn more

In English "stekelharige vos" is ""Spiny haired fox."

If there is enough white scattereda about in the chestnut horses otherwise brownish red coat it starts to become a Red Roan.

Our Bonnie may or may not turn this color. She is a pinto, of the type Sabino, at present. But so was her mother at her age and Altea, the mom, turned flea-bitten gray. Yet her son was for a time a blue roan and likely still is if only I could get a picture of him.

A blue roan has a steely look to him. With scattered white hairs. The pattern can dapple too, that is make large circles, say about 50.8mm in diameter each, or two inches. A quite attractive looking horse to my eye.

Bonnie has a lot of white hair now scattered in those parts of her that are chestnut. She also has dark patches that are bluish in color. Something seen quite often around the head and where skins tends to show through on the horse with Andalusians. I think I see it more in mares than stallions or geldings though.

I think we won't know her final color until it comes in. And that could be when she is a long matured mare. I hope to see that.

I like the blue marks now though and those she'll always have.

Donald
Nettlepatch Farm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:20 pm 

thank you now i know the name in english.
he is certainly not a roan, because he have less of white hairs. i know that a roan change from color during the seasons.
Leiknir does this a little but not enough. It is hardly to see. Only people who take a good look knows it.
But on pictures or passingby you wont see it.

nice to have a filly and you dont know what color it would be in the future. i like surprices :-)
i also follow a color list for icelandics horses. Only for the pictures, sometimes they send realy rare colors. Icelandics do have a very large scala of colors in the breeds. Any kind of color you think they have it :-)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:37 pm 

I just my new business cards. If any of you, especially in my "home" areas of Portland OR, Washington, DC, and NY are regualrs at barns and tack stores, please send me your address and I will send you some cards to post! Thanks! am@equigraphic.com

There are 3 different cards with the different pictures, but I thought you guys would like this one best :yes:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:57 pm 

Ooooo...what a pretty baby horsey. Can I have a few cards to put up? I go to feed and farm stores in The Gorge, and surrounding towns. Happy to post them. In fact even the grocery stores should have at least one each.

I have been known, while browsing the horse magazines at the magazine rack, to accidentally drop a card that magically ends up in the folds of the better magazines. Really, accidentally, honest. 8)

Got address? Write me privately for it. (My computer blew out a couple of days ago and I haven't been able to get to my email address book so don't have your private email addy at present - heck, I don't even have your website - but of course can find it here in your posts about it)

Donald
Nettlepatch Farm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:58 pm 

Annaliese,

I just love the photos! Very lovely!

Ivy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:18 am 

ivyschex wrote:
Annaliese,

I just love the photos! Very lovely!

Ivy

Extraordinary art.

While I am bias because I love Bonnie and Altea I accept that a good deal of the time they do not look either interesting or glamorous...in fact anything but.

Yet Annaliese can capture, even from those less than shining moments, deep feeling and beauty. Often the most mundane of things, like a baby peeking around her mother's tail at the big old world out there, or sleepily laying in a stall door. Fantastic.

I do so want the horse world to discover Annaliese in a big way. She's going to, I believe, break the current cookie cutter long range lense flattening effect (to get that small head big body look that is becoming rather trite and cloyingly foolish looking) and bring real art back to horse photography. In fact, I think NEW ART brought to images of the horse is where she is going.

Who has EVER thought before to Henna a horse model, eh?

Donald

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:20 am 

Hi Everyone - I have been long away, working on photos and little at the barn. This summer I have the good fortune to be joining my mother in France for a week in late June to early July. I want to stay longer and am trying to figure out where to go and for how long.

I had mentioned in the past here that I had an idea about taking photos in exchange for people putting me up for a few nights and traveling a bit that way. Anyone out there in Europe want to trade like that? I am thinking I'd wave my sessions fees in exchange for a few nights lodging and do a couple shoots with with my host's horses in exchange. If you like them, I'd just charge a reduced fee for prints or files, but no commitment up front. Of course I'd love to see local horse attractions or towns, etc., but can talk about that with anyone who likes the plan. Let me know soon - I have to buy my transatlantic ticket soon so I need to decide how long I shall be staying. I envision staying in N Europe and maybe Britain, but am open to inspiring ideas.

:f:
A

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:45 am 
Site Admin

annaliese wrote:
I had mentioned in the past here that I had an idea about taking photos in exchange for people putting me up for a few nights and traveling a bit that way. Anyone out there in Europe want to trade like that?

If you want to come to Germany, you are most welcome to stay at my place, with or without pictures. :)

I am in Dresden, which is a beautiful baroque city surrounded by a most wonderful landscape of sand rocks. Oh, and there are 2.5 horses who would be happy to play with you. :smile:

If you really want to take pictures of the horses, in my photo thread you can see what you would get landscape-wise, but as I said, taking pictures is not a condition for being welcome to stay here of course.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:56 pm 

Ooh! Romy! That would be delightful. I will keep you informed as my plans coalesce. I wonder how many AND people I will manage to see? :yes:

Best,
A

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:09 pm 

you are welcome by us too.
but we live far far away from Romy
In the middel of the Netherlands. Beautyfull woods and sanddunes over here.
3 ponys of my own and lots of other horses and dogs.
You can visit Amsterdam 20 km from here and Utrecht same distance and good to travel by train or when i have a day of we can support you ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:04 pm 
Site Admin

annaliese wrote:
Ooh! Romy! That would be delightful. I will keep you informed as my plans coalesce.

Great! The only weekend in July when I will most certainly not be at home is the one around July 4 - this day I will give a groundwork clinic at Josepha´s place in Belgium. But this is closer to France, maybe we can also meet there and then go to my place together afterwards if you want to.