The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Annaliese takes pictures
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:23 am 

OK, I have my topic for life at my barn stuff, but here is stuff I photograph on the work front. I went out and photographed the cutest foal today. Good timing too - I have so few foal pictures and now I can add one of these. I have not even looked at them. They are still down loading. But, is this promising, or what? :l: :l: :l: :l: :l:

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who wins the prize??

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:52 am 

More!!!! Post more! Or links to your site again? It's spring...I want more baby photos!! :applause: :applause:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:47 am 

What a beautiful picture!!!! WOW! And how incredible sweet little fellow........ :love: :love: :love: :love:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:24 am 
Site Admin

What a great picture! :) In the first moment I thought it was Donald´s Bonnie. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:49 am 

How wonderful.
Gorgeous!

So, when can you come over to take pictures like this from my horse and the foal (that for now is still inside of mama mare :) )

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:17 pm 

I wish I was headed over to Europe any time soon. I'd make sure and come to you. In light of the current economy, I am hatching a plan whereby I will travel and taken pictures at a reduced fee and in exchange for accommodation (maybe strike most or all of base fee and just charge if folks want prints or files???). That way I'd get to travel (which I love) and get to meet all sorts of AND people (and their friends, ideally) and get tons of great stuff for my portfolio, and maybe even make a few bucks, and all my people would get affordable pictures at no risk. I'll let you know!! Let me know if you think it is a good idea.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:30 pm 

wow a very very good pic!!!well done.
and ofcourse more more more :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:19 pm 

:thumleft: :thumleft: :applause: :applause: ROMY WINS THE PRIZE!!!!!!! IT IS DONALD'S BONNIE!!!!!! :giveflower: :giveflower: :giveflower: :giveflower: :giveflower: :*: :*: :*: :*: :*:

:l: :l: :l: :D :D :D

I had the great joy to get to photograph and meet the man himself. We hope to keep following her, and I'll post more here, now that the cat is out of the bag. Donald, feel free to copy the location and post any of these in your diary.

She was so wonderful. I will have to post some that are not show off pictures but just show insanely cute she is!!

But here's another pretty in the meantime:

Argh - half the time it is showing another pretty pic here and half not....

Last edited by annaliese on Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am 

annaliese wrote:
I wish I was headed over to Europe any time soon. I'd make sure and come to you. In light of the current economy, I am hatching a plan whereby I will travel and taken pictures at a reduced fee and in exchange for accommodation (maybe strike most or all of base fee and just charge if folks want prints or files???). That way I'd get to travel (which I love) and get to meet all sorts of AND people (and their friends, ideally) and get tons of great stuff for my portfolio, and maybe even make a few bucks, and all my people would get affordable pictures at no risk. I'll let you know!! Let me know if you think it is a good idea.

I was so pleased to meet you in person after having posted back and forth here, but especially since I had viewed your on-line portfolio. I wondered WHO could have done such things with a camera, and as it turns out it was even more interesting to meet you than to view your pictures.

You carry on that venerable tradition of the most dedicated art photographers. And watching you work I felt as though I was learning how some of them must have worked. Such patience and persistence. And versatility.

I do hope you get to meet our AND friends all over the world. And their horses.

Donald

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:12 am 

Wow, these pictures are so beautiful. I'm amazed at the detail, the lighting, really showing off the best side of everyone. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :f:
Well, all I can say is that I think I'm second closest to Portland after Donald and also on the way to any place East of Washington, so, Annaliese, if you feel like traveling East later this spring or summer and don't mind staying in a house full of dogs please let me know. :yes: :yes: :yes:
Birgit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:10 am 

Oh, I totally want to come out. When does the beauteous weather begin in earnest for you? How far from PDX would you say you are? Let's make a plan!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:52 pm 

These are so sweet!
I also thought "Bonnie" when I saw the first photo, them immediately thought it must just be a foal that looks really like her!!! VERY FUNNY!!!!!
You take such awesome photo's. I so wish I could take a half decent one!!!!!
Will there be a link to AND horses by Annaliese??? Please..........

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Post subject: Trickling in
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:28 pm 

Here's on the cute side:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:30 pm 

Morgan - thanks for the compliments. If the AND picture taking did in fact become a rel project of course there would be a special link on my site for it! I was thinking it would have to have some heft to be worth putting on my site as an attraction, but if it became a real... :idea: AHHH!!! BOOK!!!!!!! Who wants to collaborate?? Not a how to book, a training book, but a book combining everything that makes this journey sing for all of us. The Work, our and our horses' histories, lifestyle, spirit, goals, who we admire... all of that stuff. BOOK!!!!!!!!! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Of course, just a wonderful photo project is a good place to start, but it all just clicked that it would require some great captioning/writing, and if it were going to go that far... as ever, limitless possibility! It could take any form, be focused in any area... mmmm... I love those flashes of inspiration :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:55 am 

Fantastic! The pictures are beautiful. And I love that last pic... the foal looks like he has 16 legs!!! :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

~Job 39:19a

www.cambriahorsemanship.com