The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:09 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:53 pm 

In the Wikipedia project on this forum we're going to edit existing Wikipedia pages on horses and dressage, and also create new ones.

Would you like to share freely some from your pictures into wikipedia?

If so, you can register (it's free!) into http://commons.wikimedia.org, and upload it by yourself; or, if you like, I can upload it for you (I'm user:alex_brollo there)

Please consider:
1. you must be the author of the picture! Don't download any picture from the web!!!
2. it should have some "informative" content (think about its usability into any article of wikipedia)
3. a medium/high definition jpg (the original one from a usual 3 Mega digital camera, t.i. a jpg file
of approx 1 Mby) is preferred;
4. all is much simpler if you accept to release your picture under a GNU FDL liberal copyright (details are a difficult matter, but in brief anyone can do anything he likes with your picture).

When uploading a picture, you have to fill this minimal item list (I pre-filled two fields, Source and Permission, you have to fill Description, Date, Author fields)

{{Information
|Description=
|Source= own work
|Date=
|Author=
|Permission={{GFDL}}
|other_versions=
}}

then you can add any textual comment about your picture as you like.

If you like I post a copy of your picture on commons (the Wiki free media project) for you , please email me this text, with your picture as an attachment:

Quote:
I, [your name], am the author of the picture [name of the picture file], and I'am asking Alex (alex_brollo commons user) to upload for me that picture into http://commons.wikimedia.org under a GNU FDL licence, and to forward my permission to permissions@wikimedia.org - Object: Commons-upload-form

Please add to your mail a copy-and-past copy of the above list of minimal items, filling the three fields I mentioned, and you textual comment too, if you like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

I put this into a sticky and added the general info on the Wikipedia project in your post, Alex!

I'm not sure if I can follow your mail exactly, but once I have pictures that fit into a Wikipedia article, I'll put it in this topic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:04 am 

Obviously, if any of you would like to upload into wikipedia one/more from the pictures you posted here, email me:

1. any running link to the picture / to the post where the picture has been posted
2. a description and the date when picture has been shot;
3. the text below:

Quote:
I, [your name], am the author of the picture [name of the picture file], and I'am asking Alex (alex_brollo commons user) to upload for me that picture into http://commons.wikimedia.org under a GNU FDL licence, and to forward my permission to permissions@wikimedia.org - Object: Commons-upload-form

Obvously update the contents of [your name] and [name of the picture file] :wink:

4. any comment you like (in English obviously) and a brief caption.

If the picture has been published here into the forum, I think it would be a good "promotional" idea to link this forum as its "source"... Miriam? what do you think about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds great to me! And it would be wonderful if we could just post the picture, link and description in this topic and then have you (or somebody else with a Wikipedia membership) transport it to the right page. Would you like to do that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:16 am 

If any of my pictures are suitable, then I certainly don't have any problems with this! The decision of suitable, however, I leave to the experts - that's all of you! So just let me know if you want to use any from me, and I will sort out the permission.

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon