The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next
 Post subject: Re: My Dog and Pony Show
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:07 am 

Santa is lovely, Rocket is wonderful and Laska is chilled...WOW. xx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:39 am 
Site Admin

Of course I remember, the tension was massive, just standig next to him... i almost do not recognise him to be honest :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:41 am 

Not sure you want the stress of Morgan arriving. He's so self assured these days he would have all three in their place in about 3 mins!!!
I was sooo grinning at the pics....it really looks exactly like us when myself and my son Kieran (9) and the groom take a walk about ride.
You know I would far rather have the groom ride than a guest that thinks they can ride. They have a respect for the horse that others don't. I think because they get the horse so much better because they feed/groom/water them. They get to know the horses better than we do. Our groom can use voice and whistles and wherever he is they listen. Even if I am riding Morgan behind him he turns around and says "come come Morgan" and Morgan will trot to catch up...it's rather funny. He forgets I am capable of catching up if I want to, he treats me like I am a guest that can't ride and Morgan is one of his trail horses!!!!
Our groom has a similar seat style to yours, very chair like and relaxed which the horses don't seem to mind. Not ideal but at least they don't try and post a trot and bang around. It's great he is riding too, they love it and don't feel like it's work!!!
I would love to come and visit you sometime....maybe next year when finances have improved a little holiday when it's a good time for you would be fab. We can start our own AND land in RBay. I think your neighbours must think you are mad anyway, a groom riding and a horse loose that obviously has a carriage somewhere.....ha ha ha :funny:

At least now you have three horses that can go out together and no one is left at home stressed. :D Great you are in a place now where you can enjoy them and hopefully it will be a bit less stressful from now on.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

oh, I hope I can come to!

What is the grooms name Glen? :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:37 am 

Annette, you are very welcome :D anytime :twisted: with or without Morgen :roll: and the rest of your family.

Zephyr, I have been waiting for you guys to come back here :kiss: nag nag nag, that's me. The groom is Johnson. I have had him on Santa a few times as well now.

So - I have to share this picture which I think is totally amazing

and I have to show the results of our rides
Santa
Rocket

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:23 pm 
Site Admin

Believe me the first chance we've get, we will be in your hair :)

They are all so cute and peaceful.. I can imagine hot head Frekkie going nuts between sleepyvill :funny:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:15 pm 

Ah...thank you Glen. :f: Keep those pics coming, I miss all the pics you used to post. I can't believe that is Rocket. He looks so great compared to when he arrived with you and his whole body just looks more relaxed. :applause: :D
Lovely soft reins Johnson!!! :funny:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:09 am 

:funny: :funny: :funny: I've only every had brown horses....they can still get muddy, but somehow it never looks quite that, uhm, amazing... :funny: :funny:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:31 am 

:yes: Oh yes. a white horse changes color very often. I've seen then turn green from rolling on spring grass :ieks: and they go orange if they roll in river-sand or builder's sand :funny:

So, Laska has been more and more indicating that he's thinking about being ridden. He is diving his head into bridles and grabbing bits :ieks: and placing himself under saddles :ieks: :funny:
He has become much more calm around the mounting block. I have been able to throw myself at his back without him moving his feet or holding his breath. I have been able to lay a lg over his back while the other foot stays on the mounting block which always used to make him move away with his head in the clouds.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Alaska consented to allow the groom to lie across his back earlier this week. This is HUGE. Major breakthrough. He even walked a little bit with the groom across his back. It was obvious that Laska was struggling to balance.

So I gave him a "rider" for today's outride. :funny: that weighs around 5kg. :funny: It is feed-bags with some horse food inside.

There was a lot of kicking out and bucking when the weight moved :funny: and he moved a lot faster than usual :roll: but that might have been because I stopped Santa and we stayed back grazing while Rocket and Laska went cantering. I think Santa has hurt a leg or foot - he was intermittently limping.

In other news, I had my first ever "cordeo only" ride on Rocket on the weekend and the little darling was magnificent. We need to work a little more on the brakes, though, which is why I am keeping the bit on outrides for a while longer.

Post subject: Rocket is in cordeo now.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:33 pm 

Isn't he cute?

and well-mannered

and so much fun now that we got the brakes working properly

and Laska wants to be admired also

which is why he went airborne.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

:clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers: :applause: :love:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:18 pm 
Site Admin

Oh wow, Glen, you two are so cool! This really looks fantastic. :) :clap: :clap: :clap: :f:

Oh, and please give a hug to Laska and tell him that he is totally gorgeous as well. :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:37 pm 

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. :applause:
Did I say....that's BRILLIANT...lol :funny: :applause:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:36 am 

:ieks: :ieks: :ieks: :ieks:

WOW!!!!!!!!

Glen!!!! This is wonderful!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :yeah: :yeah: :bowdown:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:54 am 

:blush: Thanks everyone.

We have been riding rocket out in cordeo for about 2 weeks now. On Friday he was naughty and "carry" the groom home at a fast canter and refuse to stop, which is why I have been working hard on the brakes.
I am now willing to ride the little chap into, through or under anything in cordeo :yes: :funny: which doesn't mean he'll actually go into, through or under anything but rather than he will state his objections politely in a non-scary manner.
He has become 200% trustworthy with people he knows and accepts, but he is still very difficult with strangers. He does still trot backwards and rear up. It is not naughtiness it is fear, and when we do get him to stand still he is absolutely shaking in terror. He still has to overcome that for the vet and the farrier.

:love: :love: :love: :love: I totally adore my pony Rocket.

Now then, I guess Santa's up next for cordeo, right?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next