The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: makes me proud!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:46 pm 

:D

It has been a (very) long time ago that my sister has been riding a horse. She was following special lessons, but also these lessons were soon to much for her, she got to tired.

When she visited me on my birthday, we went to Sjors (of course!). There I talked her onto him. First steps were a bit scary, but then she started smiling and she didn't got that smile of her face before the evening :)

Sjors wasn't a bit scared for her bottle with oxygen, so soon I decided tot hang it on his saddle.. and a few moments later my sister was riding alone!! :cheers:

I think they walked for 10 minutes, then she was tired. Sjors was soooo carefully. I'm proud of him, and my sister :)

Because it was also a very long time ago that my mum has been riding, my sister told her to give it a try to. Not very charming, but she also had a lot of fun :D

of course, after riding a reward for Sjors.
And then back to the pasture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:01 pm 

Whoohoo, that's fabulous! :thumleft: :thumleft: Sjors looks like he's focusing so hard for her.

What kind of service dog does she have? He/she is simply gorgeous.

(Oh, and I love the rearing horse sculpture in the background! :) )

~Job 39:19a

www.cambriahorsemanship.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:35 am 
Site Admin

I had a real laugh too when I saw the horse-sculpture behind your arena! :lol:

I've only seen Sjors in pictures in cordeo, and it's strange to see him with a bit again. I think Sjors looks even better at liberty or in a halter, but your sister seems like she is having a wonderful day.I especially like the last picture: It must be a wonderful feeling to ride out in the sun with a great horse one the one side, and the dog on the other. I can understand that it made her quite happy! :D

New horse book: Mandala horses!

Never stop making mistakes! Natural Dressage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:51 am 

so you see..horses are great!!
i love the last pic. she have had a very good day.
be proud of both of them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:55 pm 

haha yes we have been laughing very hard to about that sculpture. It all began with the halter.. and then everyone from stable started adding things.

Her service dog is called Ziggy.
He is with her for several months now, and is is soooo gorgeus!! it's hard not to give him attention.. , and I'm happy "we" (as family members) are allowed to give him at least a litlle, little bit attention. :lol:
He is still young (2 years now), and has to learn a lot. But he's very great! and the best frend she could imagen. They both learn more and more, and that's wonderfull to see.

Miriam; In the beginning I dind't thougt it would matter much (cordeo or bit), but now I actually see the difference! Gives him more power and freedom (naturally in cordeo). But I still don't reject the briddle (with bit). Like today with working on longe reins, he was working so very hard, and so very nice! Good for muscles etc to. Of course I'm extra gentle with my hands when I use a bit ;)
For my sister and my mum, it was the best choice to use a bit. Using a halter would be good enough for Sjors, but scared my sister, which he immediately would have been feeling. Now they both were relaxt :)

Yes.. horses are great, just like all animals :)
I love the last pic too :) My loving sister, with two 'guardian angels' by her side (mine and her).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:13 pm 

Yes, two guardian angels for sure. That last picture really says it all about our animal friends. I really loved all the photos of your horse and family.