The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

wow! every time I see a horse ridden in a cordeo only it just hits me how balanced they look!

wonderful!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:47 am 

Very good pictures of cordeo riding... good candidates for wikipedia if you like! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:34 am 

Thanks guys. I did some demos and got some good pics from one. I love pictures! (can ya tell??!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:27 am 

My husband with his mare...

A horse at a demo- she is usually very tight ad nervous so this was a big deal for her!

This mare was suppose to be a kicker, but acted so good we started her undersaddle instead! Three year oldImage QH/percheron cross.

Outlaw- our young QH. He was only undersaddle a few months i these pics- Irealy need to get new pics of him!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:16 am 
Site Admin

Great pictures, Danee! I hadn't even seen this intire page yet... :oops: I love your riding at liberty with your brown one. The riding looks lovely, very strong and relaxed at the same time.

By the way, I just read that a tailstrap (I don't know how your call them in English, but the strap that you put from the saddle, under the tail and back again in order to keep the saddle from sliding forwards), will cause backpain to a lot of horses. It's because their tail is a quite vulnerable extension of the spine, and isn't built on being pulled up and backwards by the saddle - and pulling the tail up is contra-productive to training collection again. I just wanted to let you know, so that maybe you can find another solution?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:37 pm 

Nice photos Danee!!! Lovely!

Did you start Outlaw with the cordeo?

And I have to say that your husband's mare is so supple to be able to come under herself that much while bowing! Even in a bow, with her head out in front and one leg stretched forward, her back is rounded. How cool is that? I can't tell yet if Tam does that or not...because I'm right beside him and bent over, so I can't really see how he looks over all. I will have to try and get a photo.

But lovely Danee...lovely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

Looks great!!! :D Wow!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:10 am 

Quote:
And I have to say that your husband's mare is so supple to be able to come under herself that much while bowing! Even in a bow, with her head out in front and one leg stretched forward, her back is rounded. How cool is that?

OMG! you're right- I never really noticed :shock: Imagine if the pic were turned as if she were in levade- her hind feet would be under her withers!!! I think I'm playing with the wrong horses!!!

Asia's first couple rides were in a cordeo. I did start outlaw in a halter but had him in a cordeo pretty quickly, but i do some more traditional stuf with him too. All my horses do a little of everything. I'm not a purist of any method :D