The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 4:45 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:32 pm 

Ohh Romy i have missed you and the stories/pics of the furry guys.
they are sooo sweet, as usual.
all looking real content & smiling .
i love baca's first pic.
and nora & Pia (i want to kiss that orange - black nose)
and Nora with the boys.
hmmmm all of them.

i looks sunny and peaceful :sun:

hugs. :kiss:

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:45 am 
Site Admin

Thank you, Anat! :)

As I have no time at the moment, I can only post one picture (more later...) - but I had to show this to you right now. My dream pony. :love: :love: :love: Hasn't the little duckling become such a big, awesome boy?

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

The promised pictures, finally... :)

Pia and Nora being fast - unfortunately there was no sun and my camera cannot deal so well with that, so the picture quality is a bit poor

My beloved foaly

:love:

We also have the most wonderful pasture. I have always wanted to have a forest in the pasture, and this year we finally got one. It's the same pasture we have had for the last 12 years, I simply put the fence somewhere else so that a little group of trees is included.

Summy is suspicious of the little stream

There also is a little hill - paradise!

And I guess that's what the ponies think of as paradise:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:25 pm 

paradise indeed !!!
and beautiful pictures.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:34 pm 

At the weekend we made some photos. They don't show something special and they don't have a good quality but I want to show the fun we had.
(I feel lucky to get them upload on my own ;))

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:15 am 

Nice pictures! :sun:

I would never dare going into an alfalfa field like that. Here in Austria this would mean outright war with the farmers :sad: I always admire (and envy) you, how you can roam freely around the countryside...

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:48 am 
Site Admin

sooo nice! :f:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:52 pm 

Thank you that you have set the pictures Nora :sun: It's wonderful :f:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:38 pm 

You know Romy had her birthday on Saturday and as another little surprise I want to write what we've done. I also set some pictures :f:.

One Friday we met in the centre of our city and bought the first things and discussed a lot what we should do. We knew: When the horses are happy, Romy is happy. So we decided to make a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cf85P4TPv0) what shows how the horses have fun. At this weekend when Romy went to Heidelberg, we could manage to go out with Titum and Pia. We knew that Summy must go out too, so we met Tuesday again. At Romy's birthday we decorated the holiday house.

We also knew that Pia will be very happy if she can run at the "Elbwiesen" (meadows along our river), so we went with her to there. She realized very early that we were going this way and she was going very fast. It was very cool to see how we both managed that she wouldn't run away. When Nelly got her she just had to stand still and Pia looked over to her. I used the way that I tried to Pia's mirror image. I trotted with her and began to get slower and slower - until we finally stood still. When we got to the Elbwiesen, we just let her eat grass and cantered with her along the river. She looked really happy. When we went back we chose a very steep way upwards. Pia was so fit and trotted half the way up. We just hang somewhere behind her :funny:.
Next walk we went was with Titum. How you can see in the video he was really explosive. We went with him through the woods but he wanted to go back when we've just walked a little bit.

The best walk of all was the one when we took Summy. He was so motivated and cute. Everything we've asked him he tried it :love:. Some days ago when Bettina visited us he jumped over the ditch the first time in his whole life. After some discussing where we should go we wanted to go with him to this ditch and get his jump on the video. We really didn't know whether he would jump but when one of us went to the other side to get a good video we even had to hold him back. It didn't even took 10 seconds until he jumped over the ditch :clap:. We really had to watch out that he wouldn't run away after he jumped - what he did 4 times! I think he even had a lot of fun to jump over the water. Now he's a real good 'waterjumper'.

At last I post some pictures of our days:

Romy, I still wish you an happy birthday :yeah: :giveflower: :f:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

Oh, girls, I think the best birthday present of all is that I have you. :love: :love: You two are amazing, and you are making our pasture life so much better. :bounce: Thank you so, so, so much!! :giveflower:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:06 pm 

we shall remain on the pasture until we are old and wrinkled. 8) :funny: :hug: :l:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:53 pm 

Whaooo girls - this is great.
wonderful idea for a b-day gift
heart warming fun movie
happy horses
:sun:
Romy you are indeed a lucky lady
thank you for sharing with all of us :kiss:
i miss you all

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:41 pm 

I just wanted to say it is so lovely to see your pictures again, after I have been away from here for a couple of years at least. Bacardy has grown into a very handsome fella!

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

We have a new pasture, which is a swamp. There are some dry areas that we can use, but most of it is either totally wet or covered with poisonous plants. But it looks lovely and after a period of despair, I am actually quite happy with it. And I got several other small pastures from other people, so we are not stuck with the swamp (literally ;)).

The thing that looks like grass is the poisonous plant (equisetum palustre)

At the moment we are in a drier area, because a neighbour allowed me to let the horses graze in her garden. Unfortunately it only lasts for a week, but we are happy anyhow.

Baca is a bit extreme in everything he does. Here he is itching at a tree, but he does this as if he wanted to bring the tree down.

...and this is the result.

And another instance of Baca being Baca. Here he just attacked Pia, but then ducks away immediately to escape her revenge.

The princess is just beautiful.

Titum always gets white hair here in winter, and when he sheds his winter coat the white hair stays on for a few days longer. :love:

Here we go for a walk on a foggy and rainy morning

The people from our village probably felt pity for the poor people who need to wait for the bus, so they put a book shelf right into the bus station. I thought this was such a nice idea, and Baca seemed to like it, too.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:14 pm 

These are beautiful pictures.
The pasture indeed looks beautifully but what do you do with swamp land?
Do you need to fence out all the watery areas so the horses won't get stuck? Will you create some sort of track pasture? What about your trailer or is there a place you can put your stuff in?
What about the poisonous plant? (A beautiful plant and picture) is there specific places where it grows? Do you need to fence this out too? Is it tasty? (We have here something that is not healthy for the horses that grows just over the fence but the good thing is that they are not interested in it...)

I love the fog picture :love:
And Titum's white patch.

I miss you all.
Thank you for the pictures :kiss:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19