The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Hello!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:56 pm 

I'm excited to be in this forum! I have been in a couple of different types of forums before, but this is my first horse forum (My true passion). I don't want anybody to feel like anything I say is critical. I know I have a lot left to learn, and I'm hoping we can all learn from each other here, but not in a super serious way. I get really nervous every time I post something haha :blush: Also I haven't read everything on the forum yet, just so everyone knows.

So, a little bit about myself:
I am not quite sure how long I have been riding. I'm seventeen years old. It has been around eight years give or take. I started riding western for about a year and then switched to English. I have been jumping for quite some time and I am having a lot of fun. I leased a spooky ex-racehorse mare named Holly for around two years when I was younger and she taught me a lot. I loved her a lot and I miss her. I had to stop leasing because I didn't have the money. The owners sold her and she got in an accident and passed away.. A bit later I started riding a very Complex harder to handle horse named Alvin. He is a bit small for me and we had a lot to work on starting out. He pulled all the tricks. He rolled, bolted, bucked, spooked, reared, resisted turning, and his attention was always somewhere else. It was sure a learning curve and I got all the advice in the world, but what really worked was listening to him and spending more time on the ground with him. I never wan't to cause a horse pain or force them to do something. I believe riding is a partnership and the best part of riding is achieving something WITH your horse. We have both been progressing and what I really want to focus on now is building our relationship further and making sure Alvin is having fun.

Post subject: Re: Hello!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:56 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome, nice to have you here! :)

I can relate to the feeling of getting nervous when writing in a forum, and also about not wanting to criticize but then not knowing whether something I say will be understood as being dismissive - also because in most horse forums I tend to have another opinion than most people most of the time. But I guess you will lose that feeling here very soon. :smile:

I am looking forward to reading about you and Alvin, and it sounds like he is very lucky to have someone like you!

Best wishes,
Romy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:44 am 

Welcome :) , i hope you enjoy the forum and i look forwards to reading more about you and Alvin :giveflower:

Romy wrote:
But I guess you will lose that feeling here very soon. :smile:

:yes:

Best Wishes
Ali :f:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:30 pm 

Welcome :smile:

Alvin wrote:
what I really want to focus on now is building our relationship further and making sure Alvin is having fun.

Oh that sounds nice :yes: This is exactly what I want to do, too :smile:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:09 am 

Hi! Welcome to the forum! It's really helped my relationship with my horse, and I can't wait to hear about you guy's adventures. 8)