The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:52 am 

Hello !!! So I'm from Australia and it's winter and that sucks haha. So I have four horses a 25yr retired tb (my first horse) his buddy a 20yr miniature x Shetland, the horse you will always be hearing about my 8yr purebred paint mare charisma, I started her under saddle myself have only owned her for about 2 years, she had done nothing until she was 6 when I bought her :) I spent three months starting her under saddle dealing with many of her issues such as trust, rearing, spooky, head shy, can't touch her back legs etc, she has come so very very far and is now more arrogant, confident yet insecure at times and a smart ass!! Haha I also have her foal a Friesian x paint, don't get to excited he came out chocolate brown with an upside down L on his forehead hahaha and he is a stoner so his pretty cool. I am so looking forward to trying out more liberty, I've been experimenting different horsemanship tactics for a few years now and have fallen in love with classical dressage and liberty, would love as many tips and pointer as I can get from you wonderful people :) charisma relies on so much balance in our friendship, she's a bit precise haha!!

Charisma :)

Lakota (the foal)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:58 am 

Welcome to the forum!
Always love setting more people from Australia here :-).
Charisma's markings are gorgeous as well

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:08 am 

Thankyou!! And me to! It's so horrible when not many people have your views on training, Australia is so behind on good training methods. It will be so nice to have some like minded people to get excited over the small training progress with!!

P.s she pretty Groovey !! She has a smileys face on her left side of her face, if you look at the top photo on her neck she actually has the playboy bunny logo and a Mickey Mouse head next to it, and on the other side of her body is a dragon hahaha paints are fun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:38 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome! :)

Nice to have you and your horses here in the forum. Lakota is just too cute. :love: And of course I'd love to see pictures of your Shetland as well. :f:

Best wishes,
Romy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:26 pm 

Thankyou romy!! :)
Haha Lakota is completely un photogenic!!! You should see his baby foal pictures that now that was cute!! I was being lazy with the pictures haha here ya go!!

Image Rambo the Shetland is not actually quiet at all really he only gets comfortable after you handle him for a bit but I have not put any work into him we got him for free with seven alpacas random I know! His happy and safe enough for the six yr old nephew to pony ride on, funny what the kid can do to him and he is happy for it!!!