The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:16 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:55 am 

Keshia wrote:
Well, and I think that it really is important for me to look after Leni that she does her excercises to keep her healthy. She lives in a quite big area, but I don't think it's big enough. This ist the point what my bad conscience is about when I just hang around with my pony doing some tricks.
That's my point as well. Mucki just doesn't get enough movement by just being in the pasture, especially during the winter months. And getting him to move more in a natural way, where I don't pressure him into moving is a real challenge! But I'm on it...

Keshia wrote:
By the way: I love Vienna! My husband travels to Vienna every two months or so (work), and sometimes I go with him for a weekend. His brother lives there with his wife, too. I have been there in October and two times in December, this year I'll try out the summer. :sun:
That's great! You know, if you come to Vienna and like to visit our horses, you're welcome to invite yourself anytime! ;)

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:12 am 

I still use pressure to get Leni to move. But I experienced something fantastic: When I walk next to her and just lengthen my steps, Leni would fall into a trot. If I praise her when she walks next to me, she lengthens her steps also and sometimes begins to trot.

So when I lunge her, I sometimes try to make her trot by my body language, but as we also work on the riding cues, I have to use tactile cues as well.

Thank you for your invitation to invite myself. :funny: Are you living directly in Vienna?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:18 pm 

Keshia wrote:
If I praise her when she walks next to me, she lengthens her steps also and sometimes begins to trot.
:) That's sweet!

Keshia wrote:
Thank you for your invitation to invite myself. :funny: Are you living directly in Vienna?
Yes I live in Vienna - our horses are approx. 30 minutes outside of town...

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:43 pm 

Ja, that's really sweet, because in those moments she grows from 1,40 to 1,42, I bet!