The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:15 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:01 am 

Hi All!

I haven't been on a forum for years! But in the past two years I have been training classical dressage... my coach trained with Nuno Oliveira and his son and I was very happy with our progress, but I have just moved interstate and I cannot find any trainers close enough to coach me so I'm going it alone for a while and thought a forum environment could help keep my mind fresh! (ex german dressage - don't want to fall back into old habits!)

I had to sell my dressage horse when I moved so now I am starting fresh with a horse far from being bred for dressage, but a nice type all the same!

He is a little gelding I've had for about two years, and just turned three. He has done lots of ground work including some easy laterals, however we have been very light on the lunging due to his age. He's just getting into the full time lunging now and is in preparation for backing - I've broken many horses but never backed under classical principles so I'm taking it very slow!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:17 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome! :)

I hope you will enjoy the forum and find some useful information here! These days there are not many posts about dressage here anymore, but we certainly have lots of old threads that might be relevant for you. :f:

Best wishes,
Romy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:31 am 

Welcome! :f:

I hope you find useful information for you on the forum - please understand that while this forum has a lot of threads regarding classical dressage, it is not really dedicated to that topic. Rather it is about finding alternative ways of interacting with a horse that explore the natural ethogram. In that regard there is a similarity with classical dressage.

The horse owes us nothing.