The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Haley and Rose
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:41 am 

Hello! My name is Haley. I live in America and am 15. I've had my horse, Rose, since I was 10. When I got her, she was 8, but only had the experience of about a 6 year old. I didn't know much about training a horse, but we somehow managed to get by together. :D We've gone through a lot together, and I can't imagine having a better horse. She is patent, brave, and gives me everything when I ask. I got into natural horsemanship a few years back, but am only now getting into liberty training. I thought that I would have been prepared, but I really had no idea what I was doing. Now that I've had a few months to get better, I think I get it now and can't wait to start becoming more advanced. Unfortunately, Rose was recently diagnosed with naviculars. While it's early on, I still want to be careful that I don't do anything too stressful on it that might speed it up. I'm in 4-H, but I've never been too serious about showing. I just do it for fun, and even though I've been told that Rose could make a great western pleasure horse, neither of our hearts are into it. I board at a dressage/jumping stable, and I'm sure that I'm known as that weird kid who rides in a halter and has days just hanging out with her horse, not riding. I love dressage, but I love the relationship between us even more. I think that about sums it up! :)

Post subject: Re: Haley and Rose
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Haley, welcome! :)

Nice that you have come here to learn with us, and I am looking forward to reading about your interaction with Rose. :f:

Best wishes,
Romy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:51 am 

Welcome to the forum, Haley! :f:

If you want to start your own training diary, you can do it in the Daily Training section.
If you want to post a picture, you find helpful tips in this thread.

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:04 pm 

A very late welcome Haley from me :)
I hope you are enjoying the forum , it is such a special place :green:
Best Wishes
Ali