The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Hello from Somerset, UK!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:22 pm 

Hello!
My name's Maisie and what a breath of fresh air it was to stumble across this forum. So many likeminded people I couldn't believe my eyes! Me and my Dutch warmblood X gelding Roo have been experimenting with various different techniques for a good few years now, getting up the levels in Parelli and trying some classical dressage but still searching for better ways to do things. We ditched the bit completely about 3 years ago and I hope soon it'll be off with the bridle too. We do pretty much everything from spanish walk to BE courses (however our competing has become quite limited from the bitless restrictions). Next October I am off to study equine science at uni and learn more about the workings of our four legged friends. Lovely to meet you all :cheer:
ImageImage

Last edited by maisiemais on Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:34 pm 

Welcome Maisie! :f:

Nice you found our forum. Have fun and just ask when you have any questions :).

Here's a nice list of interesting topics by Romy: Links to threads about different topics
If you want to start your own training diary, or just read up on others, here's the thread: Daily Training

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:40 pm 

thank you! :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:10 pm 

Welcome Maisie :)
Lovely pictures , everything looks so sunny and bright , I look forwards to hearing more of you both..
Best Wishes
Ali :f:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:02 pm 

Hi Maisie

Nice, you have found AND.
Welcome... :giveflower:
Does studying "equine science" mean, that you are becoming a Vet? That will be interesting. Well anything you might study concerning our equine friends might be interesting...

I am looking forward to read more about you and your beautiful Roo...

Dani

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome, Maisie! :)

Nice to have you here, and great that the number of UK members is growing again. There used to be so many some years ago, but then later it was only Ali and SunLily (who is quite close to where you live, I think). I guess next time I am visiting Ali in Scotland I might plan a whole UK trip. :green:

Best wishes,
Romy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:19 pm 

Hello everyone! Nice to meet you all.

Ali: thank you, I took those back in the summer. It's not so sunny anymore and I'm not really looking forward to all the rain and mud to come!

Dani: Unfortunately I'm not quite brainy enough to become a vet! So just studying physiology, psychology etc of horses but it does include a few veterinary elements too I believe, which, yes, should be very interesting.

Romy: that's fab, I did notice a few others from the south west which is great :)

-Maisie