The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Hello From Arizona
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:44 am 

Hi Everyone. I am pretty new to horses overall. Last year I leased a horse for a few months. I loved being around her, playing with her, everything about Bella,(Appaloosa). I wanted to learn more about horses as companions rather than just a vehicle to ride. In order to do more with horses it was necessary to be able to work and play with a horse of my own.
I have had Phoebe Snow (Welsh Pony) for almost a full year now. Phoebe is 7 years old. We have been doing clicker training with Leslie Pavlich and it has been an amazing experience.
As a member of this forum I hope to learn more fun and interesting things/games to inspire, bond, and play with Phoebe. :)

Post subject: Re: Hello From Arizona
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:15 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome! :)

Nice to have you here, and I am looking forward to reading more about you and Phoebe. I just love Welsh ponies, especially when they can fully express their character with humans who want them to do this. I'd love to see pictures of your little one. :)

Best wishes,
Romy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:18 pm 

Thanks, Romy. Today Phoebe and I played with the ideas from, "A Possible Place to Start" (I am sure I'm misquoting the title) in the Groundwork forum. You can find out how we did there. Please, please give me some tips on how to move forward from there. I'd love to hear from you. :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:40 am 

Welcome :)
I am so glad you are enjoying and using the forum , I look forwards to reading more of you and Phoebe .
I to want to see some picture :D
Best Wishes Ali

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:52 am 

Thanks, Ali. I did try to post pictures. I followed the directions for posting pictures, but I was using the photo gallery from Google+ and it didn't work. I will try again another time.
Do you have pictures posted of your horse(s), Ali?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:43 am 

Hello :)
, I am assuming you are you the directions from How to post a picture sticky . I post pictures by uploading them to photobucket , and posting the img code .
We do have our topic in the picture forum , but I keep forgetting to post the new pictures that I have .
I am afraid that I am terrible with computers , so I am probably not the best to ask ;)
Good luck
Ali :f:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:43 am 

Welcome! :f:

I already answered on your other posting, about starting to play with Phoebe ;). It will be fun to see how you two figure it out together :).
I also started late with horses and had my own one very soon, when I was still very green with horses. You can read all about it in my diary, if you want to.

Regarding posting pictures from Google+, that might be a bit tricky. First, I think they have to be publicly accessable. Then you'll need the link directly to the image file, not just the page where the picture is shown. That means, when you're on the page where the single picture is (usually something like that: https://plus.google.com/photos?...), right click the image and use 'copy image link'. Then you can paste that link in the image tag in your post. If you need further help with that, you can just post the link, and I'll do the rest :)

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:33 pm 

Thank you for your response. I'll play with it later when I am sitting at my computer. ☺

Post subject: Phoebe
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:13 am 

This is the best I could do. I tried to crop this down in Photo Bucket, but....oh well. Here we are, Phoebe and I. :smile:

Last edited by KeliNM on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:18 am 

I'm really just trying to figure this photo posting out. This another picture of Phoebe Snow. She is a 7 year old, Welsh Pony.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:50 am 

Welcome here... :f:

Love your pictures. And you two look so nice together.

Thanks for sharing.

Dani

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:59 am 

Thank you, Dani. Good to meet you? What is your horse's name? And what kinds of things do you do with your horse? Phoebe and I are learning to play at Liberty. We also do some agility, just for fun. I think Phoebe enjoys agility most. ☺

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:58 am 

My horses name is Zermatt (which is the name of a upper class swiss tourist village :roll: ...was the idea of the breeder to call him so) and he is a portuguese horse. He is very very sensitive and very strong and he teached me, that whatever we do together, he wants to co-decide. So I learned to play with him freely and that is what we mainly do. He is a classical dressage talent, so we do loads of classical things... I never tried agility, though. We are creating a language together and learn to talk to each other. It is the best experience I ever made with horses. I love this forum, because it helps me so much to keep going on and it gives me great inspirations. I am sure, you will get them too. I am excited to read more about you and Phoebe....
:)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:29 am 

Phoebe is gorgeous, she has such a kind eye :smile: