The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Hello from Chicago IL!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:54 am 

my name is emily (38yo) and i am so glad that i found this forum!

i have loved horses for as long as i can remember and am still waiting for the day that i may share a relationship with one of my very own (although it will never truly belong to me...)

i got seriously involved with horses about 10-11 years ago when i found a coworker who had a horse and she introduced me to her boyfriend who had horses....missouri foxtrotters....
he taught me about horse care first and i got to ride second....then i started taking dressage lessons from a lady down the street from him for about 3 years....as i learned more about horses, i also learned that you don't have to own your own horse to get a lot of horse experience...in the last 11 years i have helped a couple of people with chores in exchange for riding, shareboarded a couple of horses, stayed with a horse trainer in iowa for a week, audited 3 buck brannaman 4 day clinics, even taken classes at a community college trying to get an equine science certificate...

i do whatever i can to gain as much knowledge about horses as possible....i believe it is a lifelong journey in which you will never stop learning....it is my passion....

i am so glad that thru these years i have learned so much about horses and about alternative ways to be with horses by communicating with them in their own language and that bits and all that other stuff are not necessary....i can't wait to find my soul horse someday....

looking forward to reading your posts and learning from your experiences to prepare me for the future...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:15 pm 

Welcome Emily :)
You are very lucky , to live in a place where there are people who are open minded , as I have had a lot of trouble from people who did not agree with how my horse and I are , and had a wish to change us , but luckily this was when we had to stay at livery yard , and we are happily away from there now :)

I am sure you will find some topics of interest here ,
Best Wishes
Ali

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome, Emily! :)

Nice that you have found us. Interacting with horses is a lifelong learning opportunity indeed, and I am ever so thankful for that. I hope that you will enjoy the forum and share your experiences with us, and if you have any questions, just ask!

Best wishes,
Romy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:47 am 

Welcome, Emily! :f:

Having my own horse was surely a life-changer for me. Just like having a child. So many new topics opened up for me, that I didn't care that much about before ;). But of course, the relationship is incomparable :love:.
I hope you can fulfil your dream soon. For me, it came quicker than I anticipated then :).

The horse owes us nothing.