The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Hello from Germany
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:24 pm 

Hi @ all,

well, I think it´s the very time to introduce myself here.
I´ve read here since weeks and some of you have helped me, but you don´t know about this.
I didn´t write here before, because my english is soooo bad.
Please, don´t look so much at my mistakes I do by writing in english but try to understand, WHAT I´m trying to tell you and not HOW I do it. That would be very nice :D ......

Now some words about myself:
My name is Anja and I´m 44 years old.
Since nearly 2 years I live in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern in Germany.
My husband Christian and I bought a little farm here in 2012.
On our farm live also our 3 cats, our 7 hens and our 2 geldings.

The geldings are Cooli and Coyote.
Coyote is at my side since 2008 and Cooli since 2012, when we moved here.
Coyote is now 9 years old and Cooli 14.
Coyote is a „Freiberger“ (don´t know in english), a race bred in the switzerland, he is a cold-blood horse and Cooli is a warm-blooded horse, the race is unknown.

Since a few weeks I´ve ventured this exciting experience to work with my beautyfull horses without any pressure and force.

Well, I´m influenced on Yogini and her work with beautifully Zermi.
Yogini and I know each other, because Zermi and Coyote once lived in the same stable (before I´ve moved to Meck-Pomm, I lived in the blackforest, where Yogini lives)
Yogini has told me meanwhile a longer time, that she took all pressure away when working with Zermi and I always thought, this sounds very nice.
And I also thought: Yeah, any time I will be at this point and then I don´t need any pressure too.

But then, after a teleponate with Yogini, I comprehended that this is a DECISION to take all the force and punishment away from the horses.
I won´t get there simply with time raising by.

And now, I´m on that way, in the very beginning and I´m very anxious, where this way will take me and my two horses.

Well, that were the most words and sentences I wrote in english since school-time and now I need a break :d: .....

Post subject: Re: Hello from Germany
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:57 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome, Anja! :giveflower:

So nice to have a friend of Dani joining us, and please don't worry about your English, it's just fine! :) Cooli and Coyote are such funny names, and I am looking forward to reading about your interaction with them.

Taiga wrote:
But then, after a teleponate with Yogini, I comprehended that this is a DECISION to take all the force and punishment away from the horses.

Hm, perhaps. But on the other hand, if you have interacted with horses like that for some time, it becomes a habit. I no longer feel that I am deciding to do it like that, it's more like this is coming just naturally. I guess it would even be hard for me to act in a more demanding way again.

Best wishes,
Romy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:44 am 

Welcome Anja! :f:

Wonderful to have you here! Looking forward to hear from your boys...

Romy wrote:
I no longer feel that I am deciding to do it like that, it's more like this is coming just naturally. I guess it would even be hard for me to act in a more demanding way again.
For me it was like at the very beginning I was forced into a certain way of interacting with horses, that didn't come from me at all, but from expectations and ideas of others, who I believed to be authorities at that time. Very soon though, I realised that I would never be able to be authentic with horses that way and I didn't want to be like that kind of person that I was supposed to be.
So when I turned away from that way of interacting with horses, it didn't feel like I actively decided to do it differently than others, but just intuitively follow the way that I want to interact with fellow beings. Maybe other people want to interact with pressure, I don't know. All that I know is that you cannot fake your own personality. If you despise pressure, than you will find ways of interacting without it, consciously or not.

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:33 am 

Welcome, my sweetheart... :D
I am immeasurably happy, that you found your way to this wonderful forum.
I mentioned you right on the first side of my diary, when I wrote:

Quote:
Though it s about what I experience every day, while exploring this kind of training, I can t talk about things like that, with the average equestrian, that are around me (even though some are friends of mine. They still stick to the established ways...) I can exchange only with one friend of mine about it, and she just moved to the other side of the country. :roll: It helps both of us so much to talk on the phone, now and then, to reassure each other.

:D

Romy wrote:
Taiga wrote:

Hm, perhaps. But on the other hand, if you have interacted with horses like that for some time, it becomes a habit.

Volker wrote:
For me it was like at the very beginning I was forced into a certain way of interacting with horses, that didn't come from me at all, but from expectations and ideas of others, who I believed to be authorities at that time. Very soon though, I realised that I would never be able to be authentic with horses that way and I didn't want to be like that kind of person that I was supposed to be.So when I turned away from that way of interacting with horses, it didn't feel like I actively decided to do it differently than others, but just intuitively follow the way that I want to interact with fellow beings. Maybe other people want to interact with pressure, I don't know. All that I know is that you cannot fake your own personality. If you despise pressure, than you will find ways of interacting without it, consciously or not.

Interesting, how differently people come to that point.

With me, it was Zermi, who made me work more and more with voluntariness. He showed me very clearly, that this is the kind of interaction, that he would accept. Actually, I was already completely in the middle of the process, when my intellect finally realized, that I had changed my system. It often happens like this in my life. It happens and then I realize, that it happened...

Romy wrote:
...if you have interacted with horses like that for some time, it becomes a habit. I no longer feel that I am deciding to do it like that, it's more like this is coming just naturally. I guess it would even be hard for me to act in a more demanding way again.

And this is, where it starts to become deep pleasure. I also can t think of any other way in my interaction with Zermi anymore.

I am looking for our future exchanges, here, on the phone and when I visit you (soon... :yeah: )
Kiss your wonderful horses on the nose from me.... :kiss:

Hey, and your english is not too bad :D

Love....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:10 am 

Thank you for your nice welcome Romy, Volker and Dani-Darling :f: .

I think it´s the logical result the way I´ve been working with horses (and above all having been teached by the best teacher I could find: Coyote :love: ) the last years.
In the very beginning I was a child and I learned, that we have to be the leader when handling with horses and that the horse has to follow and if it would not, it has to be punished (I think many of you learned it first in this way).
I had a break with riding for 16 years then and now 12 years ago I startet riding again and first all seemed to be like I knew in my childhood.
But then Coyote comes to me, my first own horse.
Till that day, I met Coyote the first time, I was very sure, that I never want a horse of my own, because I knew a horse would take a really big place in my life and I was happy by riding nice horses of other owners.
But sometimes you can´t choose, where your life leads you :D .
When Coyote came along, I felt in love with him like I didn´t before with any other horse.

Oh, I have to shorten and I think, I should open a diary for the whole story.

Anyway, Coyote says "NO" to many things, which are normal in the conevntional work with horses and because I didn´t want to punish him and force him more than I did so far, I had to have a look for other ways.
At that point, I searched for other ways, I met for example Dani :yes: :yeah: .
This was the begin of my journey and then, a few weeks ago, I indeed decided to took all, really all, force and punishment away form the horses.

So, for the moment, I have to come to an end, because the horses are waiting ;) .

When I got time today, I will present a few photos from Cooli and Coyote .

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:51 am 

Quote:
Oh, I have to shorten and I think, I should open a diary for the whole story.

My dear, that would be sooooooooo wonderful. :D :D :D

Quote:
When I got time today, I will present a few photos from Cooli and Coyote .

:D :D :D

:D This is exactly, how I look, right now, sitting in front of the screen... -> :D