The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:31 pm 

Hi!

:cheer:

At first please excuse my improvable English.
But I will do my best. :yes:

I am very glad to participate in these wonderful forum. :giveflower:

My name is Ellen and I am 40 years old. I share my life with my wonderful husband and my beloved animals, Emma our dog and Nelli our horse. Nelli is now nearly five years old and a so-called "Schwarzwälder Kaltblut". Her nickname is Törtchen, let's say cupcake in English :D , and she accompanies me since one and a half year now.

I do not ride her yet, nevertheless we spend a lot of time together. Learning from each other and growing together - quality time for both of us. Our training bases on positive reinforcement - everytime and everywhere.

If you want to know more about us, do not hesitate to ask or have a look at our youtube channel.

Elle(N)elli :green:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome, Ellen, so nice to have you here! :)

I am looking forward to meeting you and the little cupcake next month, she is such a cutie and from the few things I have read about her until now it often seemed to me like she was so wonderfully wild. :bounce: I guess she will be so much fun to play with. :f:

Best wishes,
Romy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:52 pm 

Romy, thanks for your warm welcome :f:

I am also looking forward to our meeting next month :yeah: and I am sure, that you will not be disappointed. The little cupcake IS a cutie :green:

Best wishes,
Ellen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:41 pm 

Welcome Ellen! :f:

I've just browsed around a bit in your videos of your wonderful Schwarzwälder Törtchen :funny:. She looks absolutely adorable! :love: I always liked Schwarzwälder horses and Nelli looks so much like our Lily ;).

Great to have you here and I'm looking forward to a report about your meeting with Romy!

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:23 pm 

Hi Ellen.... :D
Welcome

That is a nice surprise...
Actually I disappeared a bit from Reitwaisen.
I thought, I have to contact you, but then I didn t ... :roll:
So much nicer, to find you here now. Greetings to good old NRW... from good old Freiburg.

I will have a look at your videos, soon...

See ya :sun:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:34 am 

Volker :f: and Yogini :sun:

what a warm welcom here.

Volker, I have to admit that I am a secret observer of your work and really love watching your youtube channel. The way you work with Nepomuk is absolutely adorable, calm and peaceful. :yes: And Lily :love: - she really seems to be similar to the Schwarzwälder Törtchen.

Yogini, so nice to find you here. :D I am not a member of the reitwaisen forum anymore, I already spend to much time in front of the screen. Therefore it was necessary to clear out a little bit and to start focussing on the things, that really concern me in particular instead of drifting around in the www. That's why I am here now :green: and also an activ member in the clickerforum.

Best wishes,
Ellen and Nelli

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:40 pm 

Oh, surprise! :cheer: Hi Ellen, and nice to read/see you here!

I am Sabine (you know me from the RW-Forum as "TakeItEasy"), Lena is my username here at AND. I am so much looking forward to read more about your progress.

Btw: If you like, you can visit our diary "Pan", this is Vasco's nickname. So, welcome! :f:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:57 pm 
Site Admin

And there goes the anonymity, long kept secret of the mysterious Lena's and her equine companion's identity... :colors:

If I had known that you two know each other, you could have accompanied me on this trip instead of the one to Bavaria, Lena. On the other hand, in Regensburg we will have five horses to play with and learn from, and much more time, so I guess it's okay that way. :smile:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:49 am 

Oh, I'm happy that you like our videos - thanks!
That last picture of you two is just wonderful :applause: - I think I know it already... Clickerforum probably?

Anna also likes Törtchen a lot :). No wonder since she looks so much like Lily - only calmer, judging from your videos ;).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:56 am 

Lena wrote:
Oh, surprise! :cheer: Hi Ellen, and nice to read/see you here!

I am Sabine (you know me from the RW-Forum as "TakeItEasy"), Lena is my username here at AND. I am so much looking forward to read more about your progress.

Btw: If you like, you can visit our diary "Pan", this is Vasco's nickname. So, welcome! :f:

:giveflower:

Lena, finally it was YOU who showed me the way to this wonderful forum. :green: I have already discovered your diary and I like the way you "are" together. So many of your thoughts and feelings are very similar to mine. :yes:

We are still looking for our way to go. I know exactly how I want it to be, but not exactly how to get there. So everything is experimental at the moment and we are far away from "serious" training. It is still "relationship-work", why all the others around us are rolling their eyes "you are too kind", "you have to ride" ... not easy.

It would really be great, to meet you one day. But I am sure, that this day will come!

Best wishes, Ellen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:01 am 
Site Admin

cupcake wrote:
It would really be great, to meet you one day. But I am sure, that this day will come!

Then what about coming to our AND Spring meeting at my place in May/June? I don't know whether Lena wants to join us this year, but she lives only a few minutes away from me, so even if not, you could visit her and the big Pan pony. :f:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:10 am 

Quote:
...why all the others around us are rolling their eyes "you are too kind", "you have to ride" ... not easy.

Ohh, I know that, it is not easy, you are right. But just being in this forum already helped me, to rather stand above it.

I am sure, you will find your very individual way, together with your cupcake ...

:giveflower:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:42 am 

cupcake wrote:
everything is experimental at the moment and we are far away from "serious" training. It is still "relationship-work"

Exactly the same in my case, and I really enjoy this! :green:

cupcake wrote:
It would really be great, to meet you one day.

Yes, that would be nice for me as well, maybe one day. :f:

Romy wrote:
I don't know whether Lena wants to join us this year, but she lives only a few minutes away from me, so even if not, you could visit her and the big Pan pony.

At the moment I don't rightly know, but I definitively will leave open an option to come. :smile:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:45 am 

cupcake wrote:
So everything is experimental at the moment and we are far away from "serious" training. It is still "relationship-work", why all the others around us are rolling their eyes "you are too kind", "you have to ride" ... not easy.
To be honest, I think that experimenting and working on the relationship are the most serious and important topics of them all.
Surely, depending on the abilities of your horse and your goals, there will be "serious training" necessary, but I find that most of the more difficult things for Mucki and me (canter for example) are resolved by working on relationship, communication and motivation. Those are the keys for us - the rest is training in a literal sense: building muscles and doing moves again and again. That's actually the more boring part ;).
The problem is that some people confuse "serious" with "devoid of fun" - or the other way round: "having fun" with "not serious".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:51 am 

Quote:
The problem is that some people confuse "serious" with "devoid of fun" - or the other way round: "having fun" with "not serious".

Brilliant