The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:54 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:26 pm 

Hi all my name is Angie and my three precious friends are Aragorn, Amir and Pippi longstockings.
Aragorn is a rescued TB who was a reasonably successful racer, despite having lived a life of pain and pressure until his body finally gave way with a bowed tendon and he (most fortunately) became redundant. It has been a long and slow road of learning to see humans as not all inflicters of pain. He will always be very spirited and boldImage. ImageSweet Pippi is our matriarch, a Quarter Horse mare, kind and gentle always taking care around my children and making sure the boys stay at a distance.
Image This is Amir he is an Arab who has been with me for just a short time, a timid and gentle boy who seeks a kind leader. (I'm sorry the pics are so big!)

I have been untraining myself for some time now to find the little girl who at three climbed up the fence and got on to my Aunty's stallion who kindly presented his back to me, a fearless little girl with no agenda but to give and love.

I am so happy to have found this community of likeminded horse lovers, I am committed to finding better ways to relate to my equine friends and find this growing experience reticulates into all my interrelationships, and is especially valuable as a mother. I see working with horses as a path of perfection that the horses are teaching me, one of finding the resonance of my heart that is little understood by humans, and of refining the intuition.
I would also really love to hear from any other Australians that are in cooee of the Blue Mountains who are part of this online community! Perhaps we can connect in person too :f:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:39 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome, Angie! :)

Your horses look lovely, and I think especially Aragorn is absolutely gorgeous! :) You will find several Australians here, for example our lovely Marina and Zoe who are a constant inspiration for me in the playful way in which they interact with their horses. Or Kate who is such a very knowledgeable person, with her training being based on positive reinforcement in an amazingly systematic way. I don't know if they are anywhere near your area, though.

I hope you will enjoy the forum and share your stories of your horses with us. :f:

Best wishes,
Romy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:19 pm 

Welcome Angie! :f:

I love how your horses all seem to radiate such a strong personality. Aragorn looks so proud! 8) And although I'm usually not the Arab horse fan - Amir looks great - so spirited!

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:26 am 

Hi Angie :)

What lovely horses you have, I hope you find plenty of inspiration here.
Great to see another australian as well (although we are in perth (which is the other side of the country)).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:46 pm 

Love your horses! Looking forward to read your stories from down under!

Lovejoyinfinity wrote:
I have been untraining myself for some time now to find the little girl who at three climbed up the fence and got on to my Aunty's stallion who kindly presented his back to me, a fearless little girl with no agenda but to give and love.

:giveflower:
You just put into words my 'thought of the week'!