The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:48 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Hello from Germany
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:39 pm 

Hi @ all! :smile:

Romy suggested me this great forum. But first of all: Please, have appreciation with me :blush: . My english is bad (really!) and long time ago. But: I'll try it! Therefore I prefer to read than to write. The Dictionary must me often helps to translate. And english grammar is :yawn: for me.

So, now Iet me introduce myself quickly: I come from Germany, from wonderful Saxony. I'm 40 years old and an (horse-)late entrant. My horse is an gelding and it is 5 years old. The race called "Heavy Warmblood". It is the loveliest and cutest "Ponybaby" for me - but the biggest too. 8)

I am pleased to be here in this nice forum. Thank's Romy! :friends:

Post subject: Re: Hello from Germany
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:47 pm 
Site Admin

So glad that you are here - feels like having a friend visit me at home for the first time. :smile:

TakeItEasy wrote:
Therefore I prefer to read than to write.

Although I think your English is just fine and completely understandable, here is a link for you if you want to read something from this forum and don't know where to start. It's a collection I made of informative threads that deal with the questions that come up all the time. Of course if you are looking for something specific, you can always ask me and I will direct you to the corresponding threads (I am something like the librarian here ;)). And just in case you don't want to read whole threads but just some inspiring posts for now, I have also made a collection of my favourites over here: Special posts

For the others: If you haven't guessed it anyway, it's the lovely Lena that I have been telling you about in my diary of the other horses. The person who is so talented in body language, and one of the very few (horse-experienced) people I have ever met in my area who treat horses as respectfully as you would treat a friend. :f:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:28 am 

Welcome Lena! :f:

Feel at home and don't worry about your English. As long as we understand each other, everything is fine. And if not, there are people here who understand German and can translate if need be ;)

That being said, do you want to tell us more about your horse? What's his name? I have also a five year old gelding, so I'm all the more interested in hearing about your boy...

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:51 pm 

Thank you so much for your heartly welcome and your offer of help, Romy and Volker!
That's really friendly.

These Forum helps me really good, to improve and consolidate my english vocabularies. (I hope so... :pray: )

Well, Volker, the name of my cute Boy is Pan. It is not his real name. Romy gives him these name, because she knows that I am very reserved by the internetsurfing. Do you unterstand me? :blush:
Pan's coat-colour is red-brown and his mane is black. Two of his hoofes (in the back) are white likes white boots, the other ones black. He is a big and strong Horse. His handshigh is 1,68 meters. Altough Romy calls him "my little ponybaby"... :funny: She are absolutely right, he is big and strong indeed, but his behaviour is like an cute little baby.

At present we are learning to unterstand our body-language. Romy has showíng me, how she it does. I has been watched and observed her at work with Pan. And then I sampled too. In the beginning I don't knew, what I had to do. :roll: But Romy was so patiently and unsophisticated and it was so nice and interesting for me to watched both how they are moved and interacting. I am very thankful that I met Romy and I hope she will helps me further. :yes:

So, that's all for now. I could put some pictures online... :idea: I will searched when I'm at home. :smile:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

TakeItEasy wrote:
Well, Volker, the name of my cute Boy is Pan. It is not his real name. Romy gives him these name, because she knows that I am very reserved by the internetsurfing.

That name thing is so funny, because although your horse still is just "Ponykind" for me, you are becoming Lena in my mind right now. Sometimes I really have to stop and think for a moment to remember your other name. :funny:

TakeItEasy wrote:
I am very thankful that I met Romy and I hope she will helps me further. :yes:

Of course I will, for as long and as often as you want to. But as you know, I don't really think you will need much help from me, because your big brown teacher will do most of the helping and I will just translate a little bit now and then. :smile:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:32 pm 

Romy wrote:
your big brown teacher

:funny: :love:

Romy wrote:
Sometimes I really have to stop and think for a moment to remember your other name. :funny:

I can remember you it should be possible. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

TakeItEasy wrote:
Romy wrote:
your big brown teacher

:funny: :love:

This was inspired by my dear friend Anat from Israel, who once refered to her pony Geronimo as her big teacher in a small package. :love:

Looking forward to your pictures of Pan! :) You can also put them into the diary section, which is only open for AND members, if you don't want them to be visible for everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:48 pm 

Hello Lena,
it´s nice, that you now in the forum be.
It´s not so bad, that your English not so good is. I can this not so good too.
Goodbye and good luck in the forum. :thumright:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:39 pm 

Nora wrote:
Hello Lena,
it´s nice, that you now in the forum be.

Hi Nora, yes I'm very glad too. And it's so nice to meeting you today! :friends: You are a very nice and lovely girl with a heart and intuition for horses!

Nora wrote:
It´s not so bad, that your English not so good is. I can this not so good too.

:kiss: Oh, I find that your english is very good! I would give you a 2+ :f:

Nora wrote:
Goodbye and good luck in the forum. :thumright:

Thank you very much, Nora. I would be happy to read you soon!

Bye - see us tomorrow! :)