The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:58 pm 

Hello everyone,

First : Sorry when my english is not quit right..

I'm Renalda, I'm 20 years old and came from The Netherlands. Since I was 10, I took lessons at the riding school. When I was 14 I got my own horses, Since then I started to study the natural habits of the horse. I studied the different methods of NH, but found out that they doesn't work for me. I wanted to work from feeling and from the moment, then I found the books of Klaus Hemfling, Linda Kohanov and the Centered Riding from Sally Swift. I studied their books, and found where I was looking for. But the most I've learned came from the horses. And every day I learn even more from them. Since 5 years I give riding and groundwork lessons. When I was 18, I follow the Instructor course from the Centered Riding.

I have 6 horses, 4 of them are Haflingers and 2 of them are Shetland.
Speedy a Shetland gelding from 25 years old. 7 years ago I met him and it was love at first sight.

Amira a Haflinger mare from 9 years old. She's now 6 years with me and she is my soulmate.

Atish a Haflinger gelding from 5 years old. He is the son of Amira.

Tweeny a Shetland mare from 17 years old. She came as a friend for Speedy.

Mo a Haflinger mare from 21 years old. I bought her two years ago for the lessons.

Ninthe a Haflinger mare from 7 years old. I bought her six monts ago for the lessons

Thank you for reading my introduction, I hope to learn a lot on this forum! :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:05 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome, Renalda! :)

So great to have someone join here who is a Centered Riding instructor. Although I do not ride, I always find it so interesting to read these things. Looking forward to your contributions! :f:

Best wishes,
Romy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:23 am 

Welcome Renalda! :f:
Wow, that's a lovely family of horses you got there!

I'd really like to hear more about how you work with your horses, especially in a teaching situation. And I was also wondering, how do you use Hempfling and Kohanov in your work?

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:18 am 

Welcome!
Wondering where in the Nl it is you live?
Love the pictures, I hope you'll start a diary so I can read your adventures ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:22 am 

Welcome here!

What lovely photos! Thank you so much for introducing yourself, as well as your herd :smile:

Cyndi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:00 pm 

Thanks for the warm welcome! :f:

Houyhnhnm:
I have no precise explanation, there is no method. I read the books and get my inspiration from there, but for me the most, is self-development. The horses show me who I am and what I do, they respond there purely on, so I can learn from every moment. What I seek is balance, balance in me and balance in my horses. Being self in balance, my horses can be in balance. When my horses are in balance, then I can be in balance. I see it as a great whole, one does not work without the other. While teaching, I let students discover for themselves what their appropriate 'way' is. I give them feedback and handles which they can continue.
When I work with the horses, then I make a picture of what I expected of them and give them the technical aids. Through the horse to provide a framework, give him clarity but also freedom within himself.

I hope I have given some clarity. :)

Mies:
I live in Overijssel, near Zwolle.
Thanks, I am going to open a diary, first I take a look around and read here in the forum!