The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:57 pm 

Hello!!! I was introduced to your site by another member, and so glad she told me about you! I grew up with horses in a ranch type setting. I was always taught (shown) horses are a tool to be used, fed and put away, not to be bothered with unless they were needed to perform a duty. I was chastised and ridiculed because I always formed a bond with my horses, and was always told I spoil them. I know now I was always looking for a relationship with them - I was always wanting to see their personalities - who were they on the inside? Many of the horses in my life were never able to show themselves due to fear of their human handlers. I never wanted them to fear me, never wanted them to feel pain at my hand. I'm so glad I'm not alone. In my world now, my horses are allowed to be who they are. I have one that much prefers to be with me than anywhere else, if he can get to me. I love that he finds my company pleasurable. I'm so glad I was told about this site, because I now know I have more support than I ever dreamed of, and It will give me the incentive I need to continue to pursue my relationship with my horse. We have work to do, but that's OK. I have an idea where I can start.
Kate

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:20 pm 

:D

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:00 pm 

Hi Kate,
so glad to see you here. :f: :f: :D
I think you'll find a lot of creative people and a lot of people who think "outside the box". Some really good artists, too.
Whenever you are ready you can start a diary if you like. I hardly ever get to mine. LOL
Looking forward to seeing some pictures and/or videos. Linking from photobucket or youtube is easy and as far as I know there is no size limit for pictures.
Birgit

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:35 pm 

thx Birgit!
Experimenting...this is my water boy!

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:36 pm 

Birgit wrote:
Hi Kate,
so glad to see you here. :f: :f: :D
I think you'll find a lot of creative people and a lot of people who think "outside the box". Some really good artists, too.
Whenever you are ready you can start a diary if you like. I hardly ever get to mine. LOL
Looking forward to seeing some pictures and/or videos. Linking from photobucket or youtube is easy and as far as I know there is no size limit for pictures.
Birgit

OK, how do I go about starting a diary? Haven't found anything that leads me that direction yet...

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:19 am 

Ok, here is the computer idiot giving instructions, :funny: :funny: .
I still haven't figured out how to load an avatar picture but here I go:
Look at the top of the page you are on in the light blue/grey field where it lists the different directories and click on board index. Once that is loaded you should see "Daily Training" under the third green block towards the top of the page. When you open that you can see all the existing diaries and just select "New Topic" from the top of the page and start. You can also continue under this topic as long as you like.
The picture worked out great. :)
Gotta go exercise, trail ride planned for tonight.
Birgit

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:36 am 

Hi Kate. Welcome here. Isn't it mazing how many people who "just admire and love and adore" horses treat them like they have no feelings? Have fun here, it's a great place.

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:05 am 
Site Admin

Welcome, Kate! :)

Great to have you here and I am looking forward to reading more. :smile:

Warm Regards,
Romy

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:36 pm 

Birgit wrote:
Ok, here is the computer idiot giving instructions, :funny: :funny: .
I still haven't figured out how to load an avatar picture but here I go:
Look at the top of the page you are on in the light blue/grey field where it lists the different directories and click on board index. Once that is loaded you should see "Daily Training" under the third green block towards the top of the page. When you open that you can see all the existing diaries and just select "New Topic" from the top of the page and start. You can also continue under this topic as long as you like.
The picture worked out great. :)
Gotta go exercise, trail ride planned for tonight.
Birgit

Thanks Birgit, found it. Will hopefully start one later today....I'm really looking forward to this. I will post the story here that I posted on the other website, it was one that filled my heart full.
How did your ride go?
Hugs,
Kate

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:40 pm 

Glen Grobler wrote:
Hi Kate. Welcome here. Isn't it mazing how many people who "just admire and love and adore" horses treat them like they have no feelings? Have fun here, it's a great place.

Thank you Glen! Yes, it's totally amazing. I've found the same with people and dogs, etc. Love them so they can tell other people they have them as a status symbol type thing. But don't pay any attention at all to the mental well being of the animal. I know by reading a lot of things here I have a lot to learn as well, but I'm open to it. I'm willing to change me from a range cowgirl type person using a horse as a tool to a person one-with my horse. We have come a long way, but have a long way to go. My water boy makes it easy, he's so eager to please and willing to work with me.
Kate

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:41 pm 

Romy wrote:
Welcome, Kate! :)

Great to have you here and I am looking forward to reading more. :smile:

Warm Regards,
Romy

Thank you Romy!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:39 pm 

Hi Kate,
thanks for asking about the ride. I put a short summary in my diary. You can find it here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2072&start=135

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:42 pm 

Birgit wrote:
Hi Kate,
thanks for asking about the ride. I put a short summary in my diary. You can find it here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2072&start=135

Ha! I already saw it! Thank you, and glad it went well.

I started a diary as well - called "Me and My Water Boy" - not sure how to link it yet...posted pics of him playing in the water.

Also put up a pic in the art section...
Kate

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:28 pm 

Hallo Kate

Realy welkom here, I hope you get a good time with us and learn many things.

Greets
Vlinderbloem

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:42 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Kate and Waterboy and welcome!

your story sounds so familiar :yes:

Enjoy your stay,

Josepha
ps @ Boem, love your new avatar pictures!