The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:35 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Ronja and I
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:48 pm 

Well, Hello then!

I am a university student (BA special education), 21 years, from Estonia. Other than that and my horse i am currently in a 3-years training to be a source breathing therapist (generally a spiritual person, alternative medicine, healing, different therapies, meditations). I'm also an eco-friendly and lakto-vegetarian (some day soon maybe pure vegan) human being. Have translated a book (Margrit Coates - Connecting with Horses) into Estonian (and that book shows my view on animals as higher spiritual beings and our guides and partners in general). I'm highly interested in horse assisted psychotherapy and horse-children interactions as a way to connect and get more creative, aware and open. In addition to my horse, i also have a Siberian Wildcat called Ibsen (found him under a bush when he was just 1-month old, a great protector and partner in my life, great teacher for me).

So...my horse: Ronja. Estonian Native Horse. Born 17.05.2007, so 2 years old for now. I purchased her in August 2009 when we had had some great contact in the pasture (we were somehow drawn to each other). She lived next to the place i spent my summer and belonged to a herd, owned by an a man whose views on horse (or animal) welfare were "slightly" different than mine. So i brought her to her new home (a little farm near Tallinn, where she shares a pasture with a pony and some sheep) and we got to know each other better, introduced her to the concept of human being and walking and halt and clicker and giving legs and play. I started AND training few weeks ago and so far-so good. She is a really giving horse, wants to spend time with me and learn and have fun. I also made a training blog for her: hobuneronja.wordpress.com - but it is in estonian, unfortunately. I might consider writing it in english, if someone is interested, but so far, i prefer my native. : )
There is one more little thing that you should know about her - she might be with a foal (2-years and pregnant - OMG, i know. Previous owner.) I haven't had her checked on various reasons, but will have in February at last. To judge by the way she has been gaining weight, i'd say there is no doubt. And to judge by her energy levels and good mood and overall well-being, i'd say that the foal is probably alright too. So maybe i'll have 2 horses instead of one in the Spring. We'll see. : )

Any questions - feel free to ask. : )

Iida

Last edited by iidala on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Ronja and I
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Iida, welcome! :)

Oh, Ronja is SUCH a cutie. If she really is pregnant, I am sure the foal will be amazingly beautiful, too.

Looking forward to reading more about you and Ronja and the things you are doing together! :smile:

Warm Regards,
Romy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:08 am 

Hello, Lida. It's good to meet you. Ronja is so pretty - it looks like there's some mischief in those eyes ;)

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:56 pm 

Welcome Lida, Ronje (and foal if there is one), and Ibsen.

What exciting things you are up to. And your Ronje is beautiful. Do you know what breed of horse may have covered her?

I hope we'll see more pictures as her pregnancy continues, if she is.

I'm curious about Ibsen. Would love to see a picture.

Donald, Pacific Northwest U.S.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:30 pm 

Ronja's breed is a pure Estonian Native Horse (very old aboriginal breed). And so is the foal. These horses have lived on Estonian grounds for ages and for now, belong to endangered horse breeds (so are under great protection and support).

I can't say that Ibsen is a pure bred Siberian Wildcat (as i found him and i have never seen his parents), but every little part of his behavior and looks matches exactly the description and requirements of that breed. So I'm pretty sure he must have that line in him big time.
I only have a proper picture of him when he was 2 months old (and that was about one and a half years ago :O...i don't have a camera.) So i'll try to make some new pictures soon..but for now you have to manage with those two (one is fuzzy and the other one is from the 2months old age).

And yeah, my name is Iida not Lida, as in iida, double i. : )

EDIT: You can find 3 new pictures of Ibsen right there: http://iidala.wordpress.com/2010/01/21/ibs/ :)

Last edited by iidala on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:12 pm 

:blush: Oops. So sorry - it was me that started the Lida not Iida - I think maybe I should have more coffee before I log on in the mornings.

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:07 pm 

Hello Iida,

Welcome here!

I love your cat, gee she has these most mighty eyes!
Lucky you found her, for you and for her :funny:

Your horse is very special too...
For her I would hope she is not pregnant yet. I had the same worries about my Gauda just after I bought her.
But luckily she was not, so she has the time to grow up first before having a foal.

But if Ronja is having a foal, it will certainly be a beautiful one also!

So one way or another, you will always win... ;)

We will all be waiting for the outcome!
:love:

AnneMarie

------
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make'em drink...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:08 pm 

And the mystery is solved: Ronja is indeed pregnant! The foal should enlighten us with his/her birth in the middle of April...so i have some time to educate myself on horse pregnancy, birth and foal upbringing. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:41 pm 

I wish you a lot of knowledge by than, lots of success also!
Congratulations!

:cheers:

AnneMarie

------

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:16 pm 

What a surprise, time to start to learn about everything concerning foals and pregnant mares! ;)

Hope you'll do just fine, the horse looks wonderfull so must her offspring :P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:05 pm 

How's the system here? For further update I should make a new topic in the "daily training" thread or can i post some new info or pictures here too? I mean...as i keep my diary in Estonian anyway, then i am not sure, if i have time to keep one with same content, but in English, here also...but i would still like to share some pics and short updates with you sometimes...any suggestions?

Meanwhile: http://hobuneronja.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... je-mjasja/
The post is in Estonian, but it also contains some pics of me, Ronja, Siret(the other girl on one of the pics) and Melissa (the dark pony) playing with a ball today in the snow. First encounter. : )
Yeah, i like to share the joy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:57 pm 

You might start a diary, which is a photodiary I suppose (not sure... probably one of the lovely moderators knows for sure), or start a topic in the picture section?
Maybe a diary, you're not obliged to write in it every day but pictures are always more then welcome here I believe haha :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

KDS wrote:
You might start a diary, which is a photodiary I suppose (not sure... probably one of the lovely moderators knows for sure), or start a topic in the picture section?

Either that or you can also continue posting in your introduction... just choose what you like best. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:51 am 

My pregnant beauty some weeks ago. : )

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:58 am 

Beautiful horse!
Enjoy!
:love:

AnneMarie

------