The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Hi I'm Aimee.. :)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:15 pm 

Hi everyone, my name is Aimee i am 16 years old..

My passion is animals and especially horses. I learnt to ride about 3 years ago now by Jessica Plum (she is a member here). I got one of her rescued mares, and have never ever turned back from horses. I have started teaching AND to both of my horses, Gemma (rescued mare) was just a natural at it... as if she had done it 1000 time before, she loved it. They both taught me to ride, and i found alot about horses and how interesting they were.. i have always just wanted to know more and more. I have grown out of her, and i was given my older brothers horse that has gone through depression and whatnot, and found that he is a very expressive man. He is 15.3hh and 18 years old. He is really enjoying the AND way to life, and i found alot more out about him and what he is really like (not this hot headed horse that people take the wrong impression of) it brought all of our relationships to another level. Something i hadn't experienced before.. everything was so relaxed and we were a happy family :)

One day about 2-3 months ago, my aunty called... she was broke and couldnt keep her horse (Nick, 4 years old) anymore.. he was an unbroken horse who she had just paid $2500 to break in, the man would not get on because he bucked when they had put the saddle on. The man sent him to a rodeo, then my aunty asked if he could come down as soon as possible (we said of course, just cant say no) and then Nick would not stop bucking so he organised for the next rodeo.. The next rodeo comes and he stopped bucking that turn. Waited a week or two and Nick arrived when i came home from school. I was so excited. After hanging out with him for a bit (getting to know each other AND way) he was following me after a week.

I have found out that he is great at reading body language and that he has just the greatest personality. They all get along great (well after a while) I have learnt how to share time between all three each day, and on the weekends. He has brought out a lot of character in all of us, something new, something exciting. Everytime he does another great thing that he is accepting off, its a big thing for everyone.

Anywho, with the help of my instructor (Jess) I am planning on breaking him in, and training him. With the hope of being able to ride him bare back and/or bridle-less in the future, and being able to play all the AND games with him! I cant wait till then, but i suppose i have to! Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant! And i hope to meet a lot of you people on AND and share our passion of horses! Thanks :)

Post subject: Re: Hi I'm Aimee.. :)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:16 pm 

sorry about the double post everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:50 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome, Aimee!! :)

So nice to have you here and you are so lucky to be able to train with Jess, she is such a nice person. I am really looking forward to reading more about what you are doing with Nick and I hope you will enjoy your stay here at AND.

Oh, and I deleted the double post. :smile:

Warm Regards,
Romy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:01 pm 

Welcome Aimee!!! This is so cool...my only niece spells her name the same way...so unique!!! So it's nice to know that spelling this name in this way, is somehow connected to person who is sensitive, artistic and kind. What a wonderful connection.

I can't wait to hear more about your adventures and discoveries with your horses, and I'm sure that Nick has come to you for a reason...a really GOOD one. We adore our Jess, and I think you're lucky to be working with her. I would LOVE to work with her!

Glad you have joined us here! :cheers:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:14 am 

Yeaah, Jess is an amazing person. I love her. We have organised to take Nick down to her (Jess moved away from us) and we are doing some training down with her, and hopefully breaking him in if he is ready! But i do hope that he has come to me for a particular reason.. He is so unique in everyway and everything he does. I can't wait. But yeah, i do know how lucky i am to work with her, she makes everything interesting. :)

Thanks! :D