The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Hi from Denmark
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:20 am 

jessplum

Yeah, after I've learned him some "commands" he'd start to be such a pleasure to ride!
e.g. with the parades/stop.. "before" (when riding the traditional dressage) I couldn't stop him, it was impossible! And when I wanted him to get down to the walk, he got really tense, "loosing" his back and so on. So in march I think, I learned him, firstly from the ground, to get down to the walk when I said "wooooho" and then I started using it under saddle which even worked from galop!

It was the "woooho" that learned him, that a deep breath ment down to walk :funny: if you think about it, when saying "wooho" you're actually taking a deep breath :funny:

I've also learned him to trot, when I say "trav" (trot) but it isn't so effective anymore :roll: so I have to train it with him alot :) also the parades (stop) is working perfectly by command.

So I hope that I could, once in the furture, use the commands when I want to learn him, to be riddin 100% from the seat :)

Post subject: Re: Hi from Denmark
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:30 am 

Karen & Josepha

How funny:D but yeah, he's actually coming around the world alot. He really does understand how to evolve the horse mentally and physically! Oh, have you seen the "Bent Branderup Blooper" on youtube? :funny:
Okay I'll start a diary :D I think that I'll get right to it then!

Wow you make it sound easy, with getting rid off the spurs :D but okay, I'll try when I start riding him again. It actually is easy I know, because it is only a question about learning :yes: