The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Greetings from Belgium!!
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:29 am 

Hello,

I would like to introduce myself, but my English is not so good...
My name is Melissa, and I live in Belgium, near by Brussels.
I have come in contact with the forum by my friend Anne Marie (AMA on the forum)
And I was very surprised about the way of talking here on the forum.

On the other side I will introduce my horses.
I have 2 Norwegian Fjord horses. Two mares. One mare of 15 years. Isabel coloured. And the other one is 4 years old and whiter Isabel coloured.

My horses are free of metal horseshoes. And riding without the bit. They have also a treeless saddle on his back.

My younger horse called Galina (Fullname: Galina van den Bosdries) and her short name due the working is Gali. She is a very intelligent horse. She needs in every exercise some exciting thing. Otherwise she's annoying her very well, and she don't want to walk further. :sad:
But I'm thinking now, to learn her to ride, to train there up, by Jossy Reynvoet. But I continue me story after my introducing.

And my older fjord horse called Tannemiek (Fulname:Tannemiek van den Bosdries) her short name is Tami. I bought her as my first horse 10 years ago. They are normally born in Oostmalle in the Van den Bosdries Stables. But I bought her in a riding stable in the small village Surice. I know nothing of her past, or so good as nothing about her first five years in that stable. The only thing that I know is that she's always standing in a stable. With no, or minimal free walk out to the grassfield. :ieks:

For the rest I can only say that I'am a very happy with my horses. We have only the problem that Tami is not happy when they have to ride. She is always angry when I ask her to go in 'trot'. And left her behind leg up and kicks/jumps (in dutch 'bokken'). So I lost my self-confidence and I'm scared to ride with here... :sad: :pet:

This is my story of me and my horses. As I already said a view subparagraphs back, I want to go to Jossy, the horsetrainer. To help me out of the miserable time...

I hope to given you more information of my story? :thumright: :)

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:09 am 

Hi Melissa,

Welcome to this forum! And congratulations with your English! :applause:
You see it is not all that bad after all hé! You did very well.

Maybe a little add-on to your story is that you live in Belgium. Jossy Reynvoet is a Flemish horse/people trainer and in my opinion (and that of many others) the best one in Belgium since many years.

I am sure you will manage to get rid of Tami's problems with his help in combination with the Bach remedies and Shiatsu that you are also using now.

I like your attitude that shows how convinced you are to make both you and your horses' lifes better again. :thumleft:
And I am sure you will succeed.

On this forum you will find a lot of information on how to play/exercise with them to make it all interesting again.

Lots of success!

ama

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:03 pm 

Hi Melissa,
Welcome. I was the last person to join this group before you, just last week. I had read many of the posts before joining and continue to do so because there is just so much good information here. Your English is just fine, by the way.

As a start, I would recommend you to read the subjects on Carolyn Resnick and Waterhole Rituals. I just started doing it and already have a big change in both my horses. I wanted my horses to feel like it was "fun" to be with me and me with them, instead of a dreaded chore for all of us. I already got them to lay down and that was awesome!!!!!!

Keep reading and good luck.

Pat

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:16 pm 

hi Melissa,
nice to meet another Belgian :) I don't have time to read up on all the stories, but my eye fell on this one :)
I wish you all the luck with your 2 horses, I cannot tell you what you should do, but read a lot and play with the exercises that are here and everything will evolve from that. You can always ask Josepha to come around to your place to give you some tips. But I would start of with the exercises here and follow your journey as it comes.
I don't really know Jossy, but you will never know if he is indeed so great untill you tried it I guess. Just try and find your own way ;)

Big hug!
Barbara

My horse is a beautiful living sculpture

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:10 am 
Site Admin

Welcome, Melissa!! :) :)

I am looking forward to reading more about you, Galina and Tami - and seeing some pictures maybe? ;)

Warm Regards,
Romy

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:09 am 

I'll will search for more information about Carolyn Resnick and here Waterhole Rituals. Maybe can it me inspire to create more excercices!!

About the picture's, I'll have to do that at my home, I'm sharing them there.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:17 pm 

Hi Melissa!

Your horses sound wonderful. I look forward to see some pics of them!
Oh and your English is great! Don't worry!

Welcome!