The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Mike in California
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:05 am 

Hi gang! I see many names I've met on another forum. It seems like a comfortable place here. I have two Arabian horses, a mare and a gelding. 18 and 19 years old. They've taught me so much. Hope to learn more here.
Mike

Post subject: Re: Mike in California
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:56 pm 

hi mike!

welcome ..

I love arabian horses, i can't wait to see some pictures!

Warm regards,
samantha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:50 pm 

Hi Mike!

Don't be shy to show photos and explain more about your journey with your horses!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:46 am 
Site Admin

Hi Mike,

Welcome :mrgreen:

Kind regards

Bianca

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:30 am 

I'm never sure that I'm doing this correctly, but I'll give it a try.
It's working in the preview so let's try another. A self portrait :lol:
And one of the mare.
She was trying to hide in the bushes where she lives.

Now, I'm not even sure that this is the right place to post these. Is there a separate topic just for photos I wonder?

As for my journey with these two wonderful teachers, it would take a lot of space as I have been with them for over sixteen years now. I started many years ago with all the normal training, you know, bits, spurs, whips, frustration, etc. It didn't take long to realize that that wasn't for me or these two horses. Parelli training next. That helped and the horses responded as if to say "that's better, but don't stop there Mike." So it's been a number of years now that I've felt like I was in limbo looking for something that fit in with my attitude toward horses and training. The Internet brought me to NHE. Now I've met some people who seem to share the same feelings toward horses as I do. That's why I joined this group. Often I read the posts here but don't join in or reply as I feel that I don't really have anything constructive to add to the discussion. Also, I've been so busy lately that I haven't been able to check in as often as I would like to. Of course that also means that I haven't been able to play with the horses nearly as much as I'd like to. I can only hope that work will let up a little some time soon and I can get back to spending more time with the horses.
Mike

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:38 am 

:oops: As soon as I submit my post wondering if there is a place to post pictures, I go back to the index and there it is. I missed it completely. It's late, my eyes are getting blurry. That's my excuse this time :roll:
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:11 pm 

Lovely horses Mike!!! It is fine to post the photos here with your expanded introduction. Yes, I DO rememer you from NHE...well, I remember your horses!

I know what it's like to be too busy to post here often. Luckily for me, I'm in part too busy with the horses! Work, and horses...not much free time in between. Welcome again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:36 am 

Thanks Karen, now I'm gone on vacation far from my horses for the first time in about five years. I don't like the feeling of being away from them. Someone I trust very much is taking care of them for me. I'm looking for property in a different state from California so that some day the horses will have a very big pasture to run free in. Lucky for me, this motel I am in has free wireless computer connections.
I miss my horses. I'll be back to them in a week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:20 pm 

Hi Mike, nice to meet you.
I love to see hairy arabs!
All the horses around here aside from ours are kept all plucked and shaved and trimmed. Ours are consequently mistaken for Mongolian horses. :lol:

Good luck on your property hunt. I hope you and your horses find your dream.
Sue

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:21 am 
Site Admin

oh good luck Mike!

I love your horses too, really wonderful and I so agree with so... hairy does it for me ha ha !