The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Hi from Holland
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:29 am 

Oh, hoping to talk to Glen soon then, it's always nice to share some experiences and telling eachother what helps, what most certainly doesn't.

Will someone maybe tell me what her username on the forum is?
Thanks!

Oh, and I started a diary allready called "Ruphina" so if anyone wants to keep up to date or is curious about the whole kissing spines and spavium thing, please read comment and so forth!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:25 pm 
Site Admin

KDS wrote:
Will someone maybe tell me what her username on the forum is?

Glen Grobler :)

Some info about her horse Laska who has kissing spines you will probably find in her diary and here you can see a video of Laska working with Josepha.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:50 pm 

Oh, that was way easier then I expected it to be :)

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:01 pm 

Hi there.

I posted a lot of Laska's story here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2207&start=15

also, there is lot of info about him in the earlier pages of my diary which Romy has already linked for you. Please feel free to ask me questions.

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:51 am 

As I can tell from your story, Laska's KSS is much worse then Ruphina's.
We're most likely to be riding her again, and with some methode (of that Antoine de Bodt) we're supposed to have her 'back on track' rather soon.

I'm really careful with her (I noticed that the day after she's ridden she's often in pain and directly after riding she's not willing to take another step, not even to her food). So the last month I've been training her while next to her.
I already get complains of other people that I'm not riding her, weiter or not I'm scared to do so. The question why I'm running with her, while they believe that at the end the horse should be more sweating then you are.

So lately a lot of complains and weird looks, which is bothering me. And it's bothering me that it's bothering me.

But my answer usually is that you wouldn't train you leg muscle while somebody standing on them would you?

Right now she's doing pretty well, her back is looking much better and Thursday I'm planning to slowly start riding her with a lot of relaxing and bending and flexing and starting with some ground exercises 'cause otherwise she just can't step under... so a proper warming up and a proper cooling down. Guess the others who ride her tend to forget that :S

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:26 pm 

It's a good thing she isn't as bad as Laska - he really has had a hard time. Now that we have managed to take most of the pain away, he is starting to learn a little bending. He has always known to step under himself, :D he was born collected, I think. The muscle spasms in his neck would not allow any stretching, poor chap.

I'm starting to wonder if he was worked in rollkur, because he has an obvious problem at that 3rd neck verterbra. It seems that he has a chain of physical problems because of this, and as fast as we relieve one place, he shows us the next! :funny:

I hope you are able to help Ruphina. Don't worry about the other people. I am known as the local circus act around here.

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:52 am 

We're starting riding her already, she showed great progress last weeks, thanks to a lot of rest and only work from the ground where she learned to actually use her other two legs also, she really got the hang of stepping under.
She's a bit to good in stepping under and shoulder in from the ground, she couldn't make a proper circle anymore ;)
While riding she's not able to do a proper shoulder in (we were on quite a higher level before everything happend starting with piaff...) but she can do a lot of sideways.

It's progress, though it may be slow it is getting there.

As long as they're painless it is okay for me, we can see what we can do!