The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:50 pm 

Hi everyone!

After having a great clinic with Josepha last week, I had to join the forum! I keep my 5yr Thoroughbred gelding (Lichtenstein aka Litchi) with Simone and Janet, who are also new to the forum.

I've been riding since I was 9yrs old and I'm now turning 27. I took a 4yr break from riding from the age of 19 to 23 and I must just state that riding again as an adult is quite different from the extremely brave (more stupid actually), try anything, jump the moon junior that I was. With age comes responsibilty and lots of caution! Also, you don't jump back from a fall as quickly when young!

But I had a huge hole missing in my life when not riding and it was amazing to start riding again - felt like I had come home :) After 2 disastrous leasing episodes, I decided to buy my own horse. I bought Litchi in March 2006, 3.3 years old and straight off the race track. First year I took it easy, just hacking and have slowly started schooling this year, He is turning 5 now on 9 December. Lets just say he keeps me on my toes ;) He can be a handful at times, is completely accident prone but I love him to bits!

Anyways, enough about me. I look forward to spending time on the forum and learning lots of new things.

Cheers for now!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:57 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome, Roxanne!! :)

So great that you have joined us. I am so happy that you had such a wonderful clinic - Josepha is such a nice person and if I will ever become a real rider again, I want a lesson, too! ;)

Warm Regards and I am looking forward to your stories about Litchi,
Romy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:09 pm 

Hi, Roxanne!

I'm so pleased you've joined us - the amount of information here is mind-blowing! How is Litchi after the clinic?

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:40 am 

Hey Roxanne!

Welcome!

Delighted to have another Josepha forum person come and play with us -- you'll recognize those of us who haven't yet been able to do a clinic with other AND'ers by our exquisite green color... :alien:

And I hear you on having a new respect for gravity -- as a kid it never occurred to me that I'd do anything other than bounce when I fell -- now, as someone landing solidly in middle age (how [i]did/i] that happen?!), I believe in gravity with a clear headed fervor I never would have guess before. (Perhaps it has to do with body parts starting to head south -- it is a force that is with us daily!) :D

Anyway, welcome, and I look forward to hearing more about your adventures!

Best,
Leigh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:08 am 

:rofl:

Leigh, reading between the lines here, you've also had experiences similar to changing from 36B to 34 long ...

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:41 pm 

Glen Grobler wrote:

Leigh, reading between the lines here, you've also had experiences similar to changing from 36B to 34 long ...

Qui, moi!??? :D

That, and jowls. How the heck did I start to get jowls???

This is the part that sucks about living in Southern California if you are not an afficianado of the plastic surgeon...though, at least, while I do seem to be a little overly ripe and droopy, I have so far resisted the lure of an expression of permanent surprise that seems to grace many women in their mid-forties in this part of the world....

:twisted:

Leigh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:45 pm 

Hello Roxanne,

I have just joined as well - the clinic sounded wonderful!

I also own a very accident prone horse - from age 4 till quite recently no more than two or three days would pass without him cutting or grazing some part of himself, and he seemed able to synchronise vet callouts perfectly with me either about to go away or being away on holiday - very difficult for my friend who was the responsible human while I wasn't there! He does seem to be growing out of it now (touch wood), at 6 and a half. Hopefully your Litchi will be the same :smile:

Looking forward to hearing more about you both.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:11 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Roxanne,

Welcome!! :)
Is your horse in the pictures Ralph made? I'm curious!

Kind regards

Bianca

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:16 pm 

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

I don't have much time to come on line, but will hopefully be popping onto the forum as often as possible.

Bianca, he is on the pics that Ralph took. Dark bay, thoroughbred gelding. Josepha is doing ground work with him.