The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:28 am 

I have just found this from a link someone put up :D

I am from Derbyshire in the UK. I have my mare to thank for this journey I am on to find a better way of doing things, as she is my greatest teacher.

I ride in a treeless which is a Dartmoor Treefree saddle and Dr Cooks Bitless Bridle, she is also Barefoot to which I trim her and have learnt most of the trimming technique from the Equinextion forum.

I have been with horses on and off for 28yrs and I am 28 :D Since I have had merrie I have learnt a great deal and been on a better path of enlightenment.

Sorry more later just seen the time, need to go to sleep as got to get up to do things this morning, will be back later in the day with more. :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:16 am 
Site Admin

Welcome! :D
What is your name? :wink:

Kind regards

Bianca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:36 pm 

Mine is Em and me horse is Merrie :D

So I am here to learn more about having a better relationship with our horses as mine is my biggest teacher and has made search and go with my inner feelings about things.

Winter pic

OOOOH mum don't I look pretty:D

She leads a natural lifestyle as possible at the mo, out 24/7, occasional BOSS and oats, carrots, apples, She likes to pick out herby stuff when we go out as she knows what is good for her, apart from too much grass :roll: :lol: Very much trying to let horses be as natural as possible so I use the least man made chemicals as is possible both on me and her, will have a track created round our land as allowed when I can fund it :roll:

More about me, I do pilates every week and go to a sports massage therapist regularly, which is helping in my riding as I am less tight and able to asorb the movement better. As I have found it is me who is blocking the movement by being tight than it is her and pilates has helped me open up my body and my emotions and set me free.

As I am a great believer in the Law of Attraction, and found out the better way to use it from The Secret and found many other places in looking how to help myself have the better life that I deserve and to help others in their quests of better life too. Also I am into the power of healing to which is amazing and have had Theta healing done on me which has help me let go of all my limiting beliefs and replaced with love and peace.

We all find things when we look for them, as the teacher shall appear when we seek them. If you are interested in any of of the above feel free to contact me. :D I am no preacher, all I seek is love and happiness and peace for everyone. :D And I have been in deep depression for a long time and my gal and other horses have always kept me going. Now I am alot better so wish to help others and learn more myself to help me and others and horses and anything else I can do. :D

Much Love and Light. Em

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Em,

And welcome!
Most interesting story :)

your horse is absolutely adorable!

Looking forward to more messages from you :)

Warm regards,

Josepha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:21 pm 

Hi Em!

You are the one who helped me with my nipper questions on the equinextion forum!

For everyone else, that forum is for barefoot/natural hoofcare.

It is very nice that you found us! Where did you find the link? I'm just curious!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:53 pm 

Hi Em-merrie,

I have followed you over! Can you hear the baahhing behind you :P

I don't think I have seen your mare here before, she is lovely .

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:30 pm 

Yes Karen I am found on Equinextion too :D

Hi Emma, yep I have posted this link on on forum that I nearly live on, hence a few new people joining, as I just had to share as this seems such a lovely place hope noone minds :oops: :D

So the kind person who shared this link with me which someone else told her about on for love of the horse forum as I was looking for a better way of understanding and working with my horse. :D

Alas my gal knows she is so good looking as she parades it around going ooooh look at me fluttering eye lashes, but I am sure she is not the only horse who does this. :lol:

Oh I missed out that I do a a bit of Animal Communication too and have helped a few people out with their horse, as only just opened myself up to this a few months back. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:48 pm 

Oh, it is fine!!! Really! I am just a curious person. Most of the people here so far had come from the Nevzorov forum (and many of us still reside there too). It is so exciting to find people coming here from other places, other backgrounds. It will mean an even wider range of ideas and it is always delightful to read the diaries (if you choose to start one) so we can cheer and cry along with you.

And I get to thank you again for all your wonderful help on Equinextion! It is so appreciated!

Your girl is lovely and has every right to bat her lashes :D I love those stockings! Did you notice Tamarack's socks? He has black right next to his hooves, then the white begins above that...so he has white socks, but black hooves.

What you can learn here will help Merrie to learn to lift her back, and the exercises will help her be stronger...like her own version of Pilates!

I consider almost everything I do with the horses now, as strength-building exercises. If it will benefit them physically and mentally, then we do it. If it won't, then we won't do it.

Also, the horses learn to say no (actually theyprobably already were saying it, but we learned to listen to them), so they have very little chance of ever stretching too far, or doing anything they are not physically ready for.

The horse first, always!

It is through this that I discovered my older boy, Cisco, hates to trail ride. I'm secretly hoping that Tamarack will enjoy it. I miss it a lot, but it is not something I will ask of Cisco again, any time soon. Maybe one day, but he would have to be so much stronger (body and mind) than he has been, or even is now. He has come a long way, but it is still clear that he is not ready for pleasure riding that requires me being on him for a long time.

I do ride a little, but only for short times in the arena, or perhaps in from the pasture.