The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:20 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Hello from Russia
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:39 am 

Hi,
my name is Nina, my pony's name is Purpur ("purple"), my horse's name is Krym. Purpur is the gelding 2.5 years old, Krym is the invalid after the painful work :cry: . He is gelding, 10 years old, he has two owners: my friend Alexandra and I.
I have very long story of relationship with horses from my childhood. Now my daughter Sofiya - she is 10 - has good chance to know horses and to be friends with them.
We live in Moscow. Our horses live in Moscow area at the nice place where they can walk whole day.
We are the good company of people who were at NHE forum. Now we use foundations of NHE - a lot of ground work, riding without bit, no pain, etc. But we have another russian forum for our confederates and friends :D .
I hope to meet here new horse-friends and to know interesting information. I'm ready to tell you about our life with horses :D .
[/img]http://photofile.ru/photo/slobodino/135058270/large/135950137.jpg[img]
[/img]http://photofile.ru/photo/slobodino/135058270/large/135950196.jpg[img]
[/img]http://content.foto.mail.ru/mail/nina3373/513/i-650.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:41 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:43 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:44 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:47 am 
Site Admin

Welcome, Nina!! :D :D

Great that you are here. I guess you are our first member from Russia. :) Your horses are very cute, especially Purpur. And what a nice playground you have there for him!!

Warm Regards,
Romy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:01 pm 

Oh Yay! Hi Nina. I echo Romy! I was/am so in awe of the "Russian Girls" in NHE and now we have one of our own. 8) :D sorry.. hope you don't mind you've been labelled!
Lovely pictures. Is that your daughter playing ball with Purpur? Looks like so much fun!
Sue

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:22 pm 

Hi Nina and welcome to AND....I love the photos of your horses...purpur is gorgeous!! I look forward to hearing more about you and your horses! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:39 pm 

I am not only very excited that you are here in this forum (I too was always envious of the Russian component of the NHE forum), but I'm so excited to hear that there are other forums such as this one! YAY!!!!!

I do hope you are very active here, and that we hear from you often!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:36 pm 

Thank's a lot,
Romy
wildhorsesue
Celtictotem
Karen !

You know there are many people in Russia who take interest in NH, NHE. Some of them were the members of NHE forum. Unfortunately not everyone speak English and not everyone likes internet at all :wink: . So I'll try to tell yor about different people and their horses.

Yes, this is my daughter Sofiya with Purpur. Purpur loves to play - balls, sticks, dogs' toys and everything you offer :D . Sometimes we play football but I haven't the foto :? . Becouse he is too young for serious work we do intellectual exersises and exersises for flexibility.

We do our best to make the life of our horses healthy and happy. This is the piece of the stable territory
Barefoot trimming Alexandra (Krym's owner too) is doing consulting with Dr.Shtrasser (Alexandra's German is perfect :D ). Unfortunately now we can't make natural stable with living at fresh air whole year but I'm planning: especialy it wold be good for Purpur whous heart isn't perfect :cry: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:45 pm 

It is a beautiful pasture and a very nice looking stable!

I don't think that horses mind so much to come in out of the cold when it gets to be 30 or 40 below. Although our horses live outside all year round (I'm in Canada, so not so different in temperature ranges, I'm sure), the very coldest weather is hard on them. It does make them tough and resilient, but still...I think a nice warm box out of the wind with a little hay and water would be a nice thing to offer on the coldest days. We don't heave enough stalls for the horses here, so instead they get wind breaks (little shelters) or they stand in groups in the woods...and they get non-stop hay when it's very cold too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:01 pm 

Yes, I agree - it's possible for horses physiology to live at the open air all seasones at our climat, with free access to hay. But now we have two questions without decisions. 1:This is not the stable of our own. 2:And the huge question is safety becouse I don't know about Canada but in Russia horsestealing is the real disaster :evil: .

I think every horse-man dream is the proper stable :D . My dream is an active stable with a lot of natural motion and open-air living.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Nina,

Welcome!! Nice pictures!!! :D

Kind regards

Bianca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:20 am 
Site Admin

Hi and Welcome Nina!

Wat a lovely set of pictures!

Enjoy your stay at AND :)

Warm regards,

Josepha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:50 pm 

Welcome Nina!!

Oh - horse-stealing :shock: That is about totally unknown in Norway!! And Thank Lord for that - I would have been totally terrified if I had to worry about that, and not to speak of if it actually happened to my horses :shock: :shock:

Purpur was REALLY a little sweetie!! And your horse too - but Purpur in tha game with your daughter was the very best :lol: they looked so happy and having so great fun!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:51 am 

Thank you,
Bianca,
Josepha,
Kirsti !

Soon I'll start the jornal (Daily training) here to tell you about our horse-life :D .