The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:13 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:14 pm 

Thank you Donald for your help. I'm going to try(again) to post some pictures.
I'm new to this whole forum thing and I can't get it to work.
:roll:
Gea

http://cid-3ed8f4707bddf98f.skydrive.li ... nd%20Piarg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:15 pm 

Thank you Donald for your help. I'm going to try(again) to post some pictures.
I'm new to this whole forum thing and I can't get it to work.
:roll:
Gea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:15 pm 

Sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:41 pm 

I'm getting the hang of it. And some more pictures.

The one looking like he comes from outer space is Ibran. He's 10 and I bought him when he was six. I've always hacked him out and did dressage with him. He's a truly fantastic horse with who I've got a great connection as it is, but I hope that I get to understand him even better with this way of training.
The other one, with only his fly mask on, is Piarg. years old and my rescue mission. I've got him for about six weeks now. He's feeling great in the field with the other horses and he's started to gain a bit of weight. At the moment I'm trying to gain his trust. The most obvious things like putting a headcollar on, grooming, lifting his feet were things that caused him to panic. Slowly, but surely we're getting there. I'm just taking my time.

Therefore, I'm so excited to venture into this new adventure. It's going to be great. My only question now (maybe a bit silly), but where and how to start???? I've been riding for about 20 years, but I'm so new to this and probably so used to all the conventional ways of training horses, that I really don't know how to start. (Maybe lessons would be a good idea?)

Sorry, I'm babbling. Once I start,I find it hard to stop. (That's why I became a teacher. I'm allowed to talk all day long and even get paid for it. :wink: )

Regards
Gea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:50 pm 

Gea wrote:
I'm getting the hang of it. And some more pictures.

The one looking like he comes from outer space is Ibran. He's 10 and I bought him when he was six. I've always hacked him out and did dressage with him. He's a truly fantastic horse with who I've got a great connection as it is, but I hope that I get to understand him even better with this way of training.
The other one, with only his fly mask on, is Piarg. years old and my rescue mission. I've got him for about six weeks now. He's feeling great in the field with the other horses and he's started to gain a bit of weight. At the moment I'm trying to gain his trust. The most obvious things like putting a headcollar on, grooming, lifting his feet were things that caused him to panic. Slowly, but surely we're getting there. I'm just taking my time.

Therefore, I'm so excited to venture into this new adventure. It's going to be great. My only question now (maybe a bit silly), but where and how to start???? I've been riding for about 20 years, but I'm so new to this and probably so used to all the conventional ways of training horses, that I really don't know how to start. (Maybe lessons would be a good idea?)

Sorry, I'm babbling. Once I start,I find it hard to stop. (That's why I became a teacher. I'm allowed to talk all day long and even get paid for it. :wink: )

Regards
Gea

Speak to Josepha.

http://www.artofnaturaldressage.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:42 pm 

Hi, Gea.

Another welcome for you. I am looking forward to learning more of you and your Arabs.

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon