The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:50 am 

Hello!

My name is Annie, and I have an Icelandic horse named Gerpir. Check us out in this video I just made the other day! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUDBtdTaDNI

I am very happy to be here, and I look forward to lots of learning, sharing and bouncing ideas off each other! Thanks for letting me be a part of this awesome community!

Cheers!

Annie and Gerpir

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:02 pm 

Welcome here, Annie :giveflower:

Pitily, there is not so much activity here, at the moment, but this might change anytime...

Nice video, you made. And your Gerpir is such an enthusiastic cutie. He seems to be really big for an icelandic horse.

Where are you living?

Would be nice, to read more from you two... :f:

Greetings from Dani

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:09 pm 

Welcome to the forum :smile:

So much enthusiasm! Big expressive stuff is always my favourite

Would be lovely to hear more about him.

Marina

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:45 pm 

Hello! You two look awesome together. I can't wait to hear about your adventures together. :applause:

Do you do Intrinzen? I just thought you might because you mentioned "Intrinsic R+" in your video, and the people there have Icelandics as well.

Welcome to the forum!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:06 am 

Hello,

Thank you for the warm welcome! I noticed that this forum seems a bit slow, but there is so much wealth to be had in the older posts!

I am located in the bay area in California at the moment, no telling where the future will take me. :smile:

Yes, I was a part of Intrinzen, sadly, no longer a part of the team, as horse politics have a tendency to happen, I really don't understand why it has to be that way, but onwards and upwards to growth and new beginnings! :sun:

Gerpir is actually not that big at all, he just has a HUGE presence (and I am quite petite). He is only 13.3hh, and quite refined, though he has massively bulked up with muscle in the last months. :smile: He is a very proud and lively fellow, a trait that left him running wild in the mountains of British Columbia most of his life. I bought him 2 1/2 years ago, and was told that no one could ride him, he would fight so badly. It was a constant battle between extreme fear and he was quite ornery, but he had these very sweet moments, and I knew that if I could just reach his mind, he would be incredible, so I took a chance on him. The first 6 months he would not even walk under saddle, he literally ran everywhere, it was quite wild and out of control and horribly unbalanced. He is what lead me from the traditional world into the world of +R, and now I can never look back! +R has changed everything, and he has transformed from the crazy little horse that looked like a yearling at 9 years old, to the fully muscled out gorgeous 11 year old that you see today. He used to spook at everything, including the ground, seriously, haha! He was like a flighty wild arabian, not the typical mellow icelandic most people know. I love him to pieces, and he has come so far, and we have only just begun. I am very excited for our future together, wherever it may lead!

I look forward to getting to know everyone here, and hopefully this forum starts to get a little more traffic soon!