The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:37 pm 

i added the pics to the picture section
it is here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4490

Romy i feel for me it is too early to summarize it all...
but please please write something. and i will add more too.

i had such a wonderful time - with all of you.
thank you
sending a BIG hug all the way from here
:love:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:51 pm 

I also wanted to say thank you to all of you that you were here. I have learned so much from every single one. You all are so great and lovely with the horses :love:. I am so looking forward to next year to see you all again and being with you all the time, it was a really great AND meeting to iterate. :f:

anat wrote:
Nora thank you for being who you are :love:

Dear Anat, these are the cutest words I've ever heard. I'm so looking forward to see my little sister again ;) :love:

When I got more time I want to write a report too. Hopefully it'll be soon. :f:
Big hug to all of you :f:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:38 pm 

Ohhhh Nora - one more thing - i forgot to write down the recipe for the sweet bread you made
(the wonderful super sweet one you can make in the fire).
i told Uri all about it and promised to make him some...
so sister.... when you got the time please post it
love you :love:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:22 am 

Thanks for posting all the pictures! Looks like so much fun, I always love hearing about the summer meetings.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:45 pm 

So, now I've got the time to write a report. I'm looking forward for apposition and other reports to read. :smile:

Thursday, 30.07.2015, we brought the horses to the winter pasture. Without any problems we arrived at our pasture. Friday we waited for our visitors. We were just cleaning the hooves when Anni and Jana crossed the pasture and arrived about ten. We bought some food and went for the way to the train station where Anat and Neomi should arrive. We waited there for some time and with every bus that came we jumped up to see whether there were Anat and Neomi. Finally we met them in the crowd. When we were back we went for a little walk in the forest. We went back in time so that Jana and Anni could pick up a friend. All together we made a camp fire. Els actually said she would arrive 11 pm but we got a call it would be an hour later, so we waited. The most of us went to sleep but I couldn't sleep when they still aren't there, so I stayed awake with Romy.

Next day we went for a nice walk into the forest. I don't know anymore who took wich horse but Linda had Titum and they were doing it so great together. They crossed the woods and didn't took the usual ways which made Titum very happy. I had Summy some time and cantered with him til he just didn't canter anymore. We went swimming in a lake in the forest. Summy and Baca went swimming with Romy and Linda. At the photographs by Anat you can see they had a lot of fun and especially Baca looked really cute. In the evening we made a camp fire again and even Titum joined us.

Next and last day we brought the horses back to the summer pastures. Until the fields I took Summy. In the beginning we didn't know whether we should walk through the forest or along the streets. So I put both my hands full of treats in front of his muzzle and explained to him the left on is forest and the right one is street. He ate the the right- hand- treats first so we walked along the streets. When we crossed half the field Romy just "waked Titum up" and asked me whether I want to run with him, so I did and it was really great fun to see this little careful thing cantering, shaking his head and going wild. Linda took Baca for a while and they cantered a lot, it was so funny to see how this little thing comes like a hungry crocodile from behind and trying to bite and Linda just laughed and ran on. Of course Els took Summy then and it is so amazing to watch them walking along because she is so careful and moving his movements and without any problems to cross the meadow.

Over the whole three days the most inspiring thing to me was the communication between Anat and her Queen Pia and also Jana and Pia. They were so careful with her that she had to stop and keeping her attention at them. There was actually no pulling and being bugged by Pia's own ideas like walking straight on. I want you to write, Anat and Jana, how you did it in detail. I am looking forward to read. :f:

For me it was a great, amazing, wonderful, inspiring and lovely summer meeting. Thank you all another time :kiss:. It was great to meet you (again). I am also looking forward for many appositions and own reports and replies. THANK YOU! :giveflower:

anat wrote:
Ohhhh Nora - one more thing - i forgot to write down the recipe for the sweet bread you made
(the wonderful super sweet one you can make in the fire).
i told Uri all about it and promised to make him some...
so sister.... when you got the time please post it
love you :love:

Well, how I did it was not very ordinary, but I used flour, sugar, curd (what we called "Quark"), vanilla sugar, ONE baking powder, milk and oil. You have to mix it up until you think it holds on a stick and it's delicious. I think that's it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:44 pm 

Thanks Nora for that description,
i wrote something about my reflections from the summer meeting (raw and not completely processed), but your description dose bring the time into life.
and suddenly it reminded me that in our first walk (on Friday) when i wasn't completely absorbed with Pia, i was really fascinated with how you danced with Summy circling trees and changing my perception of Summy completely. he seemed engaged and happy.
he is such an impressive horse and to me it feels he know this.
he was enjoying so much the water games and splashing water, and felt like he understood and enjoyed being adored and photographed as the beautiful, graceful, strong animal that he is. you could just feel how proud he was. and indeed was lovely to watch Els interacting with him too.
even at the fire at night i felt less his 'roof' qualities in him but more of the horse that wanted to be engaged, with food or attention. he seemed more awake somehow.

and speaking on roof - Pia was doing a lot of roofing herself - she indeed felt to me so queen like. governing HER herd.

i will write more later.
thanks for that recipe... :kiss:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:20 pm 
Site Admin

Oh, you all saw Els and I missed out on that almost completely. Such a shame, as I had been looking forward to observing her with Summy for a long time. But somehow I was busy with something else all the time, talking or interacting with the horses. Next year I am going to be much more of an observer.

Great that you two wrote such lovely long posts already. For me the most interesting horse-related aspect was the same as for Nora: watching Anat and Jana moving with Pia. I'd also love to read about your experiences of it, but my perception is that you did something similar to what I described in her diary a while ago: Adjusting to her. This makes her all attentive and enables the human to influence her as well - which can be quite impossible when you are not adjusting to her but just try to be proactive and get her to adjust to you.

Also interesting for me to read that your perception of Summy changed by him being engaged and impressive. This is because for me, being impressive is one of his main characteristics anyway - combined with being that protection and roof, for me these two things belong together in his personality. I feel that no matter how engaged and wild and sometimes really just crazy he is, he always does this in a strong, powerful and confident way. Just like he is the roof in a strong, powerful and confident way. So it's two reflections of the same thing. :)

I also loved watching Jana interacting with the horses. She is as soft and nice as she has been before, but this time I saw a completely new quality of being proactive and taking initiative. This combination is just great, because it allows her to "influence" the horse (because she has her own motor), but to do that on the basis of being in tune with the horse (because she can adjust so nicely). Really, really great, Jana! :f:

Actually I loved watching everyone with the horses, for example Linda with her energy and creativity and flexibility, or Anni with her careful and precise interaction. Next time I really have to take so much more time for doing that, and also make videos. Thank you everyone for being there! :kiss:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:51 pm 

The meeting was wonderful!

Thank you all for being there and Romy, thank you especially for hosting and organizing so much for us!

I want to write a lot more but I have been busy since I got back. On monday I will have a day off so I will try to tell a bit more.

A big thanks to everybody who was there, and Anat, thank you for the pictures. They brought back good memories and put a big smile on my face!

Romy, give your horses a kiss for me, and an extra one for Summy :love:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:59 pm 

Wonderful pictures! Wonderful people and the best teachers!
I will do my best to participate next year! :f:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:01 am 

Thank you for the photos Anat, and for your reports Anat, Nora and Romy :kiss: !

I hope that I can write a report later as well but first I need to think about it a bit more...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

Amazing to see!!!! A pity I could not be there :( read and see it was again a very special meeting with special people and horsies :f: Thank you all for contributing and sharing!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:36 am 

At the summer meeting I saw again that there is much room to improve my being-wild-with-horses skills. That was when I was walking with Baca and the thought „how can I make his biting and jumping stop?“ came to my mind. But I knew that it wouldn't be too much fun to walk with a Baca who isn't wild anymore, so I had to find another way that made it possible for me to feel comfortable with his wildness.
I began to be very attentive and after a short time I was able to see when he was going to bite me. Now I could move away before he could get me. Henceforward the biting was no problem anymore because I wasn't afraid of being hurt. That made it more fun to run with him and I began to enjoy his wildness.

It was interesting to see that Baca was completely uninterested in biting me when I was very tired after our walk to the pond. He preferred to eat grass and wouldn't run with me at all.

Before this walk with Baca I thought that I wouldn't like it to be attentive all the time so that the pony won't bite me but instead it was fun to be able to see what Baca was about to do.

Another note I want to make for myself: Until the next summer meeting I want to be a bit more like Nora. You have such a great way of walking with the horses and they seem to enjoy your interaction a lot. It seems like you always know something fun to do :thumleft: . I hope I will be able to learn this.