The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:58 pm 
Site Admin

It still is a long time, but I guess we should start planning. Concerning the place, my latest information was that we have three possible locations:

- Volker (Vienna/Austria)
- Ali (near Inverness/Scotland)
- Romy (Dresden/Germany)

If you already know that you want to come, please tell us what location you prefer so that we can pick one. If you have any other locations, you can add them to the list as well.

In terms of time, for me the whole summer is still free, so any suggestions are welcome. Otherwise I'd just go with the tradition to do it on the second weekend of August, which would be August 14-16.

Date: July 31 - August 02

List of participants:
Romy, Nora & TitSumPiBa
Anat & Neomi
Els, Linda & Frank
Anni, Lena & Jana

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:55 pm 

We are free all summer as well , except from 7 of may to the 14 of June as I have my exams . So apart from that , we are ok to have it here anytime :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

Ali, shall I add you to the lists of participants? Or does that depend on whether it is at your place? :f:

For me every place is okay, so you all can simply decide what is best for you. I will come anywhere (in Europe). :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:23 pm 

Thanks Romy for starting the discussion. Can't be early enough with those things... I really, really hope I can make it this year - I'm looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

As I can tell from this early in the year, I am fine with the date. I have to check with Anna though. If we come, we want to come with Egon, so I'm afraid that Scotland is not an option for us right now :sad:. Though it would be nice to go there again - has been a while for me...

If people like to visit us here in Vienna, I'd be happy to host the meeting. I just have to work out the logisitics, as we live about 30 mins from where the horses are and we have only one car for transport. But I could check an appartment in walking distance from the barn where we could stay :).

I'd also love to come to Dresden again. Meet Pia and Baca and the rest of the horse gang. And of course the kids... :sun:

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:36 pm 

Romy wrote:
Ali, shall I add you to the lists of participants? Or does that depend on whether it is at your place? :f:

Well.. no , I would really like to go , if it is not a my place , but I do not feel really ready to travel across Europe by myself and leave the horses :blush: . Maybe closer to the time I will feel more confident , but for now best leave it at no . Perhaps next year I will be more happy to leave the horses and travel to see you all :smile:

Quote:
I'm afraid that Scotland is not an option for us right now :sad:. Though it would be nice to go there again - has been a while for me...

That's such a shame :sad: , I would have loved to meet you , Anna and little Egon.. You are all welcome to come to Scotland and stay with us whenever you can though :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:36 pm 

Ali wrote:
but I do not feel really ready to travel across Europe by myself and leave the horses :blush: .
I understand that. Is there no one you would trust to care for your horses for 3 days?

Ali wrote:
That's such a shame :sad: , I would have loved to meet you , Anna and little Egon.. You are all welcome to come to Scotland and stay with us whenever you can though :)
I would love to meet you too. It's really not that I wouldn't like to come, but it's definitely a financial problem right now. And I don't like the thought of having to travel by plane with Egon, even if it's not very long...

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:26 pm 

I d Love to come this year. Unlike Last year neither me nor Zermi will move... so i am flexible. I have to reflect about a concept offering you to come... i also would travel to Volker and Family and to Romy and Family. I am So sorry but Schottland would be too far for me as well... though i d love to be there and Meeti Ali and family...
Kisses

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:32 am 

Volker wrote:
Ali wrote:
but I do not feel really ready to travel across Europe by myself and leave the horses :blush: .
I understand that. Is there no one you would trust to care for your horses for 3 days?

Well yes and no - My Mum is really sweet with them , and so much more confident than she used to be . But there are still times , if Mr is feeling demanding , or if he is scared , etc . Where she feels scared around him - her relationship with him is not in interacting , more than kissing and telling him how beautiful he is ;).

Also , this may seem really strange, but I do not think there has been a day where Cici and I have not seem each other in the three years or so that I bought him , so I have no idea how he will be if I am not there ...

Quote:
I don't like the thought of having to travel by plane with Egon, even if it's not very long...

:yes: Flying is horribly disorientating , it gives me terrible vertigo , and I can imagine it must be horrible if you are not spatially aware , or mentally developed to understand what's going on ..

Yogini wrote:
I am So sorry but Schottland would be too far for me as well... though i d love to be there and Meeti Ali and family...

This is such a shame as well :sad: , I am sure you guys will have fun wherever you decide to have it :) , perhaps we will have the Scotland meeting another year :smile:

:kiss:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:05 pm 

Ali, I can so much understand, that you want to stay with your horse.

I have to bring myself to leave Zermi for several days... :yes:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:30 pm 

i'm planning on coming and i'm OK with wherever is more comfortable. really want to see all of you.
(i wish we could all bring the horses too, as i would love meeting all of them too and i'm sure they will have a lot to discuss...)
i already got a family approval on this. :D
i just hope Geronimo will heal by then (or at least wont get worse...)
so Romy add me too.

Ali - i too can completely relate, (though i would really love to meet you in person)
for me this will be my second time leaving the horses (and the other 4 & 2 legged creatures in my life) in the last 5 years for longer then 6-8 hours. (the one other time was in 2013 - for the AND summer meeting :D)

hopefully you will find a way this summer or on another one.
and it will be lovely to meet one day at your place and maybe get all of you here in Israel too...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

So great that you are coming, Volker, Anna, Egon, Dani and Anat!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Where would you prefer to meet, at Volker's place or mine? Volker, I guess for you it would be much easier if we do it at your place, wouldn't it? So shall we? :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:15 pm 

I am sooo excited to meet all of you...
I Don t care where, I got a car or go by train.
Wonderful that you come as well anat.
:alien:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:27 pm 

I think I might be able to make it actually :) .
I have talked to my mum , and she said that she would be fine with Mr - if we had a few practice runs of me not being there ..
Looking at the flights , I am fine with Dresden or Vienna - it is just finding your place from there I will need help with ;)
I will try to make it ..

Big Hugs

:kiss:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

Ali wrote:
I think I might be able to make it actually :) .

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Wonderful! We will pick you up at the airport, no matter if it is in Dresden or Vienna. Or you can bring your father. In that case we would still pick you up, but you would not have to travel alone and I think he would be such a nice addition to our group (as would your mother, but she will have to take care of the horses). Please give both of them a big hug for me! :kiss:

Is there anyone who has a preference for either Dresden or Vienna?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:20 pm 

Great...AIi
I sit in te bar, just to ..rite some AND ans...eres and my com..uter s tastature doesn t go anymore...
Ietters as doubeIU and t..e one bevore M and ..age, and some ot..ers don t do anyting...
You understand me?
I coud cry...
But I am gIad, you aIso manage to come, AIi :cheers:
Edit:I use te big I as a smaII I