The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:04 pm 

Oh that's terrible news! I didn't even know she had cancer before...
I know how important family is in those days. I'm glad she has at least that little comfort :f:.
When Anna's father died of cancer, she looked out of the window and saw a bunch of Haflinger horses running wild on a field beside the hospital. We go to look for them every time we visit there, but there is always just an empty paddock, with no horses.
I wish those mystery Haflingers come visit Kim also, because they were a lively bunch - running free and bucking wild :f: :f: :f:

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:11 pm 
Site Admin

Volker, a few days ago I have booked the room for you, Anna and Egon from Thursday to Sunday. We are lucky, because my direct neighbour who is renting rooms still had a free room, so you won't need to drive anywhere in the evenings.

We also brought the horses out to the summer pastures and I was wondering when we should bring them back home for the summer meeting. This depends on whether you want to join us for a nice long horse walk on Thursday (about 10 km, 2.5 hours) or whether you would prefer to have the horses there already when you arrive.

To all the others: Is there anyone else who is coming before Friday? If yes,would you like to walk home with the horses and us?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:15 am 

I would love to come before Friday and help walk the horses down :bounce: , but I may then leave a day earlier ;)
What day should I come down , Thursday ? I am so looking forwards to coming :green:
:kiss:

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:47 am 
Site Admin

Depends on when you'd come on Thursday, because walking the horses down takes about 2.5 hours and I can imagine that after a flight you will be rather tired. So perhaps it's better to arrive Wednesday evening (in that way you could still see Mr. and bug on Wednesday morning).

But actually it's all fine with me - I wouldn't mind picking up the horses Thursday night, either, if it gets late after your (and Volker's?) arrival. ;) They are used to night walks and so am I, so you can choose. :f:

Another option would be to walk the horses down very early on Friday, before Anat and Neomi will arrive around noon.

P.S.: When will everyone else arrive? If you already know it, please tell me and I'll collect the info in the first post so that we won't forget picking up anyone at the train station or airport.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:28 am 

It looks like i will be arriving in Dresden on Wednesday at 22:45 , then stay Thursday , Friday and then leave on Saturday in the afternoon ,at 18:30 , if this is ok with you , Romy ? :f:

I really would love to go for a night walk anyway :green: .Oh and Is there anything we should bring ?

:bounce:

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:51 am 

Anni and I will probably come by car at Friday, so you won't have to pick us up, and we will stay till Sunday :) .

If it's okay, we would sleep in a tent. Should we bring one with us, or can you borrow us one, Romy?

We're looking forward to meeting all of you (again) :kiss: !

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

Ali wrote:
It looks like i will be arriving in Dresden on Wednesday at 22:45 , then stay Thursday , Friday and then leave on Saturday in the afternoon ,at 18:30 , if this is ok with you , Romy ? :f:

Great, Ali! I will pick you up at the airport and then we can get home by bus/tram. You needn't bring anything as I guess it would be a bit impractical to transport sleeping bags and such things in the plane. I'll get a sleeping bag for you from my mother.

Jana, would be great if you could bring a tent. I can borrow one or two tents from my mother, but certainly not enough for everyone.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:42 pm 

Romy, and all others - I hope you're not too mad at me :sad: I have examined all possibilites to attend the summer meeting with Anna and Egon. The only viable solution (for traveling with a baby and still keeping the costs to an acceptable level) was going by night train, but that would require an extra day after the meeting, or else the time would be too short to make sense (financially and for Egon to acclimatise).
The date of the meeting is firmly lodged between appointments we cannot move, and so no matter from which side I look at it, there's either too little time, too much stress for Egon or too high costs for us at the moment :sad:.

I feel really bad, because I was so sure that I could come this time and again I have to let you all down. Not to mention that I was really looking forward to seeing you all :sad:.

Romy, I'm sorry for causing such trouble. If there are any costs for cancelling room you booked for us, I send you the money right away.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:47 pm 
Site Admin

Volker, of course there are no costs for cancelling the room. But if you cannot come because of any costs, would it be an option if I simply pay for your travel? That would be no problem at all, and of course we would love to have you here. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:08 pm 

Oh Romy, you're so nice! :kiss: Money is only one part of the problem though. The bigger part is our limited time and finding a comfortable way to travel for Egon :sad:

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:42 pm 

Volker, that would be so sad not to get to meed you Anna and Egon.
i really hope you find a way
though at the same time i can really understand the difficulty of traveling with a year old toddler.

and thinking on Egon's coming first birthday - this is a perfect time to get a tiny pony -
(at least this was my excuse to get Geronimo back then for Uri first B day).

if you cant make it this year then we will have to meet the following year
i miss you,
miss your stories,
your wonderful moon horse
(and meanwhile - what about a post, pictures, hmmmmm?)

whatever it will be - i'm sending BIG hugs to all 5 of you (humans & horses)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:40 am 

Volker, it's such a pity that you cannot come! But of course I understand it too. We'll see each other again some other time!

Romy, I am planning to come july 31st by car. So if I need to pick anybody up on the way let me know! I'd have liked to walk the horses down with you, but I have to work on friday.

I invited both my mum and a friend to join me, but they are both not sure yet if they can be free that weekend. Just in case they want to join, would that be OK for you Romy and the rest? We will bring a tent and sleeping stuff, some food and wine ;). It is a 7 hour drive (according to google maps), so I hope to arrive in the beginning of the evening. Is that all right?

:yeah:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:49 am 
Site Admin

Amiro wrote:
I invited both my mum and a friend to join me, but they are both not sure yet if they can be free that weekend. Just in case they want to join, would that be OK for you Romy and the rest? We will bring a tent and sleeping stuff, some food and wine ;). It is a 7 hour drive (according to google maps), so I hope to arrive in the beginning of the evening. Is that all right?

If it is okay to bring your lovely mom? That would be GREAT! If she cannot come, please give her a big hug for me. Of couzrse your friend is invited, too. I am so looking forward to seeing you interact with Summy again. :love:

If Volker and Anna won't come, we still have that apartment, just in case anyone doen't want to sleep in a tent. But we can decide that spontaneously.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:35 pm 

Just wanted to let you all know i got the tickets :D
wohoo!!!

i'll be coming too with a a friend - Neomi.
probably i mentioned her in my dairy at some point - she is teaching and practicing complementary medicine to horses and is our acupuncturist when any of the horses need her.
she is very much AND like-minded person (though just doesn't stay long enough next to a computer to join in)
she hes her own place with her 3 mares and other horses that she has for rehabilitation. (well maybe i'll tell more about her in my dairy as i don't want to highjack this thread).

i cant wait for August to come :cheers:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:30 pm 

Anat, these are great news :cheer: I'm sooooooo looking forward to see you again and Neomi :cheer: :yeah:.

Where and when do you arrive? We want to know how to pick you up.
If someone else wants to be picked up, please tell us (only that ones we don't know yet ;)).

Best wishes from Dresden, we're all looking forward to meet you all :f:.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next